Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
AutoZone lists a part for two hundred bucks. What a local shop installed a few years ago was sourced on eBay. My sweetie didn't like the Leaf, too minivan for her. I loved it. really liked the epedal and the thought of charging the battery every time I slowed down. She wants a two seater with more flash... Why do I feel this is getting expensive.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
AutoZone lists a part for two hundred bucks. What a local shop installed a few years ago was sourced on eBay. My sweetie didn't like the Leaf, too minivan for her. I loved it. really liked the epedal and the thought of charging the battery every time I slowed down. She wants a two seater with more flash... Why do I feel this is getting expensive.
Which part are you referring to? I buy parts from AutoZone as they have many local stores and pretty good customer service. (I especially like it if the part has a lifetime warranty so I don’t need to pay again if it ever needs replacing).

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Something that's always bothered me about the CR-Z was its 400 pound payload. Two average Americans would make it overweight. I could see why they removed the rear seats on the US spec models.

The 453s feel much less crude than the 451s! Shame they didn't really catch on well enough to justify their existence.
The Honda CR-Z, didn’t catch on here either. The reason, it was a hybrid. I owned a brand new 85, and 86 CRX.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
With the Pandemic locking most of us down I had some time on my hands. Got the Autozone thermostat and had a local shop install it for me. No more check engine light (yet) Stock rear spring is broken need to find a pair of them somewhere. Pulled off the snow tires to celebrate spring. Took Little Booger to the local drive in for some curbside pick up. Some thing are just hard to let go.

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,677 Posts
Stock rear spring is broken need to find a pair of them somewhere.
Karl, would love to help you and The Booger out.

Pretty sure that I have a pair of rear springs that I took off our MY08 @ around 5k.

PM me if you are interested.

Thom
84232DB9-F81A-4109-A44E-D1C7016EFDC7.jpeg

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Drove to an open store to buy some black oil sunflower seeds to fill the feeder in the back window of the house. Pulling into the parking lot Lil booger was making so much noise I thought I was dragging the exhaust system behind me. Got out and looked and nothing was hanging off. Sold out of birdseed. Only rattles and bangs at low speed. Quiet going down the road. Drove home rather than work and picked up my wife's Fiat. Coming home at midnight I discovered that a headlight is out. Still need to find some birdseed fix the headlight and figure out what is making all the racket on the smart. One step forward...

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Bought some springs, replaced the headlight bulb, mowed some paths to the garden and compost pile. Showered before sitting on the coach when I came in. On a roll here. My hope is the noise is just a loose heatshield somewhere. The springs should be here before the car goes into the shop again.
Thanks to all here that gave me the push I needed to give it another try...

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Springs have arrived been riding Jezabel (Honda NT700) life is good. Put in some leave to drive out to Ohio to take care of some things with family. This is all looking like progress to me.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I have had problems with Rock Auto sending things that did not fit and not wanting to take them back. Dropped the car at the shop today with the springs. Horrible noise not in attendance for the mechanic... The AutoZone sourced thermostat seems to be working. No CEL yet knock on wood. Rain in the forecast for Thursday night, having a roof may be in order.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts