Smart Car of America Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Happy to have it running again. I do need to find something that will make my wife smile like this car once did.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Almost a year later and I gave the car a long bath. Not a detail just a good cleanup. a trip to the shop to look for a noise and the car is running great. Not perfect but well. I am too cheap to pay pandemic prices and so nothing has changed. Many thanks to all the folks here that made keeping the car going for me possible. Could not have done it without all of your help. Thankyou.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I got such warm fuzzies for this thread; and by page 2 I'm going aw geez, don't let it get to you. I arrive to page 3 to this?!

As YouTuber Vice Grip Garage says; Well I'll be dipped. Happy to see Lil Booger on the road!

I have to wonder about this noise and if it's the suspension of the car as you accelerate / brake, and it rocks backward / forward. Mine makes an ol' creaking and crunching noise at times, much like myself, and while I'm 3/4 of the way to a home-built, gently-used suspension kit from donor cars, I keep driving it with no signs of it slowing down.

Make no mistake, indeed these things will fit in a larger tool shed - and I've been exploring the option (and looking for an inexpensive solution) for years. Grant the little leftover space to the Wife and call it her she-shed. Win-win!

41 - 44 of 44 Posts