Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that is a good window tinter and has offered to tint my Smarts' windows. However he would like to have the door panels off so that the tint is below the weather seal. Any pointers on how to remove and replace the interior door panels without damaging them or has anyone watched their tinter to see if it can be done with the panels in place?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a friend that is a good window tinter and has offered to tint my Smarts' windows. However he would like to have the door panels off so that the tint is below the weather seal. Any pointers on how to remove and replace the interior door panels without damaging them or has anyone watched their tinter to see if it can be done with the panels in place?
I watched my tinter and if you look at the exterior weather seal it sits about 1cm above where the interior weather seal is... The tinter I went to was able to cut very close to the interior weather seal without having to remove the panels. My tint job was excellent and cost $105 for all windows.

I have seen some tinters do the whole removal process and its way too much work to do for tinting, if they were changing the speakers and all maybe, but this isn't worth trying to get below the seal.

Oh yeah my tint job has a lifetime warranty and I can guarantee my tinter will be in business for a long time. Hes the most popular tinter in the SGV here in los angeles probably for the last 14 years. Best bang for the buck and great tinters.

·
Registered
431 Posts
a good tint installer knows how to place the tint under that seal without removing the door panel.. well atleast were i go to they make the tint a bit longer in the bottom to go under the seal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts