Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced the fuse many times - so, please don't suggest that. The only thing I can think of to try is to replace the outlet. It slips out part way...but I can't get it all of the way out. Advise, please? Thanks.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Can you get it far enough to wrap it with electrical tape? If it's moving around, it could be grounding out and blowing the fuse. One piece of tape is the simplest option. If it works,and also tightens up the mount it could solve the problem. If not, it's just a piece of tape (and another fuse).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wrap what, exactly? The part of the outlet that I can get to come out of the socket? Sorry, I am a computer geek, not a car geek. LOL

·
Registered
763 Posts
Wrap what, exactly? The part of the outlet that I can get to come out of the socket? Sorry, I am a computer geek, not a car geek. LOL
I was thinking the power outlet formerly known as a cigarette lighter. . .the barrel is usually the metal part, and if that is what is sliding out, it probably has some give in the socket and could be shifting and grounding out. If you are able to get it at least part way out, wrapping electrical tape around it should be simple. But, now you have the full diagram on how to remove it, so you can do even better than my quick fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts