Smart Car of America Forum banner

How to replace brake handle on 453

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Stretchmobile 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I purchased an aluminium finish brabus handbrake handle, A4534200800, and am trying to install it on 453, but cant find any instruction on how-to. Anyone can provide any suggestion will be much appreciated!

My factory handbrake looks like this:

Below is the finished look i found on the internet:

See less See more
#2 ·
R & R parking brake handle:

Oscar: I am sure you checked to see if there are any U-tube videos posted. A good technician familiar with European vehicles should be able to install the handle for you. Penske should also be able to do this.
Also, I hope that you will consider entering your Brabus in the So Cal Smarties Micro cars show at the ADM, even if you have not installed all your mods. Your car is very impressive. Information is on the So Cal Smarties meet-up website.

#3 ·
A good technician familiar with European vehicles should be able to install the handle for you. Penske should also be able to do this.
the only source I have found so far was telling me to cut through my existing one and tear apart the leather handle portion and bolt this new one on.. Which sounds super scary to me, so was hoping if I could gather some better intel here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.