Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Smart Fortwo Pure, silver and black, all factory no mods.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a CPA piggy back tuner and it ran terribly, as if the turbo wasn't boosting at all and the transmission was hanging gears like crazy even at part throttle. I removed it and it runs great again. My problem now is that my trouble light is on. Will it clear itself or will I need to clear it? I have to drive it every day so I can't leave the battery unplugged for days.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Did your tuner have a lead coming off of the crank position sensor at all? Seems my first Lorinser power pack did and I had similar issues although intermittent ? The new Lorinser power pack (sent to me by Lorinser) did not need that lead . It’s been running top notch now since the install 2 years ago .

·
Registered
2016 Smart Fortwo Pure, silver and black, all factory no mods.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did your tuner have a lead coming off of the crank position sensor at all? Seems my first Lorinser power pack did and I had similar issues although intermittent ? The new Lorinser power pack (sent to me by Lorinser) did not need that lead . It’s been running top notch now since the install 2 years ago .
No sir there was no wires to connect. Just has the connections to run in-between the two sensors. It has me scratching my head. It's a CPA PowerBox Nitro. People seem to love them as far as I can tell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts