Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve got a Boston Terrier that goes with me everywhere, she never free roams in the cars she always goes in a carrier. I learned my lesson with a previous dog which used to just be on the seat and one day I had to slam on my brakes and my poor baby got thrown around and ended up having some toenails ripped out. Anyway, so I’ve got her carrier in the “trunk” but I cannot figure out how to secure it down since there’s only 1 D-ring! Any creative ideas out there? 😃

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would try to attach the carrier with bungee cords to the seat frames. You can also place the carrier on the passenger seat and use the seat belt to retain it.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Post # 20 gives the part # and illustration.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts

We have a special seat belt harness that clips into the passages side seat belt. It’s tethered to the dogs wraparound body harness. Never to the dog collar. Both for the Chihuahua, and the Labrador retriever. Only one can ride, at a time. They won’t fly all over the car. We never put either dogs in the rear cargo area. Gets way too hot back there, from the engine. This safety belt, keeps the dogs stay planted to the passager seat. In the back of our Honda Fit, 500, and Kia Soul. Both dogs can sit in the rear seats safe, with they seat belt harness.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Post # 20 gives the part # and illustration.
Thank you. I will have to look into this.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
View attachment 64249
View attachment 64250

We have a special seat belt harness that clips into the passages side seat belt. It’s tethered to the dogs wraparound body harness. Never to the dog collar. Both for the Chihuahua, and the Labrador retriever. Only one can ride, at a time. They won’t fly all over the car. We never put either dogs in the rear cargo area. Gets way too hot back there, from the engine. This safety belt, keeps the dogs stay planted to the passager seat. In the back of our Honda Fit, 500, and Kia Soul. Both dogs can sit in the rear seats safe, with they seat belt harness.
You’ve got a cutie there!! 😊 I had one of these seatbelt tethers but I can’t seem to find it now. My dog is used to riding in a carrier so that’s why she’s in the back. I get scared when I think about here being right there if you know what i mean so I try not to think about it. I just want her safe. I didn’t think back there got hot because I don’t feel any heat.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
You’ve got a cutie there!! 😊 I had one of these seatbelt tethers but I can’t seem to find it now. My dog is used to riding in a carrier so that’s why she’s in the back. I get scared when I think about here being right there if you know what i mean so I try not to think about it. I just want her safe. I didn’t think back there got hot because I don’t feel any heat.
It gets hot back there. We always had to get home quick from grocery shopping. Especially after buying ice cream.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts