Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I'm in line to get my reservation confirmed? I place my order and received a conformation number June 2007. What variables impact when I will be contacted? I live in Nebraska and fear my remoteness to any dealership will preclude my getting a car. What should I be aware of?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
29,259 Posts
Check out the top two stickies here:

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Smart usa says they'll be able to fulfill all 08 orders, but there are over 30K reservations and supposedly only 16 -20K cars coming in 08. Lots of speculation on how this will all play out, but very little real info. One approach is to e-mail smart usa and ask them directly; would be interested in their answer. :)

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
your "remoteness" should not impact your invitation to confirm and presumably delivery date. The confirmation process so far seems to be "blind" to the customer's city and state, and hopefully the delivery date will be as well (only time will tell on that one). Additionally, I had heard if your Smart dealership was not due to open the first of the year, even this would not delay your delivery - the order would go through the nearest up and running dealership.

As far as your reservation, my guess you would be contacted early next year (Jan/Feb) to confirm, with a possible delivery in the summer months

1 - 7 of 7 Posts