Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new car stereo that came with a backup camera. I am a bit confused as to the correct way to wire it to connect....
From my research, is the following the correct way to do this?
1. add backup camera next to the license plate light.
2. wire that through the small tube to the main compartment.
3. wire it through the rear driver side brake light and follow the wiring there...
4. bring it through the fuse box? (not sure about this)
5. It should finally get to the area behind the stereo to connect.

I am unsure on steps 4 to 5.. i could not find any youtube videos showing the steps of how to connect the wire to the car stereo.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
What radio did you buy. Didn’t they give you instruction, with the radio you bought? Did they give you long RCA video cables. Is the backup camera activated blue tooth?

When doubt, for a small fee. Any Best Buy will install the system for you. If it’s a band name system. You might be able to buy instructions, from Crutchfield audio.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What radio did you buy. Didn’t they give you instruction, with the radio you bought? Did they give you long RCA video cables. Is the backup camera activated blue tooth?

When doubt, for a small fee. Any Best Buy will install the system for you. If it’s a band name system. You might be able to buy instructions, from Crutchfield audio.
i bought this car stereo from amazon: Amazon.com: Hieha Car Stereo Compatible with Apple Carplay and Android Auto, 7 Inch Double Din Car Stereo with Bluetooth, Touch Screen Car Radios MP5 Player with A/V Input, Backup Camera, Mirror Link, SWC: Car Electronics
They did give some instructions and the RCA cable, but i am a bit confused on how to actually put the wire... to connect to the stero console. I

·
Registered
2017 453 ForTwo Coupe ED
133 Posts
I think there are a few youtube videos. Possibly up into the headliner along the rear Trition cell, then back down the A-pillar.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I installed Kenwood BUCs in both my 2009 and 2013 Brabus Smarts. Ran the wire through the tailgate into the rubber grommet on the left side. Works Great highly recommended. The Smart has big blind spots being so small.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts