Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone done ceramic tint from huper optik?
if so, what %?
can you post some pics?

in looking at possible tints for my smart, i think ceramic is the way to go, more heat reflection without the drug-dealer darkness. also more OEM-looking without reflectivity or metalized look.

it's a bit more expensive, but the smart's pretty small and if it can block the heat, it'll be worth it.

anyone?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'll post pics later but the Huper is great. I feel no heat from window with 108 degree outside temp and pounding sun on the window. The tint was darker than i thought it would be. We're very pleased with the Huper Optix!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did mine with the Huber Optik film. It's awesome and keeps the car very cool. I am going back to have the entire windshield done with the lightest to cut the heat down. I went for the 70 ( i think) which is the second to the lightest becaue in CA I didn't want to risk getting a ticket and then having to remove it. I think the product is superior to any other including 3m.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you have pics of the 70%? assuming that's what you installed on the sides and back? and you're going with the clear for the windshield?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did mine with the Huber Optik film. It's awesome and keeps the car very cool. I am going back to have the entire windshield done with the lightest to cut the heat down. I went for the 70 ( i think) which is the second to the lightest becaue in CA I didn't want to risk getting a ticket and then having to remove it. I think the product is superior to any other including 3m.

Did you have the Lexan (roof) done also?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote here from very professional shop - not a ricer here today gone tomorrow shop.
computer-cut.

$230 carbon-based colorfast film
$350 huper optik nano ceramic film.

i do not plan on doing the polycarb roof

1 - 11 of 11 Posts