Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ED has HV system workshop message

I have the HV system workshop display on. I fixed the problem but how do I turn off the message?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have HV SYSTEM WORKSHOP message on my display. I fixed the problem but how do I get rid of the message?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question but I'm curious what the problem was, and how you fixed it...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A mouse had taken up residence in the compartment inside of the tailgate on the right and chewed through on of the wires. Liked to travel I guess.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
You can try the service reminder reset here:

1. Switch on ignition (i.e keyswitch)
2. Press the odo reset button on the instrument cluster twice (i.e. twice rapidly like a PC mouse) within the first 4 seconds.
3. Switch off the ignition within approx. 10 seconds.
4. Wit the ignition off, Press the odo reset button on the instrument cluster
5. Switch on ignition and keep the odo reset button on the instrument cluster pressed
6. Wait until the service indicator flashes and then jumps back to "0"
The service indicator is reset.
7. Release the odo reset button and switch off the ignition.

·
Super Moderator
1,271 Posts
Very slightly different than Yinzer's, but this is what worked for me.

1. Turn key to position 1

2. While the cluster is still saying "Smart," double click the button
to bring up the maintenance indicator.

3. Release the button and turn the key off.

4. Quickly press and hold the button and turn the key back to position
1. This is while the cluster still has the maintenance reminder on.

5. Hold the button in until it resets to 10K.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 15,000 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 4,500 miles

·
Registered
2 Posts
No idea, it just showed up this morning. Couldn't find anything on the internet about this except for your post so I guess I'll need to take it to the service center. I'll post an update if they can figure out what's wrong.

·
Registered
99 Posts
So after dealer visit was told short in wire harness, then cleared all codes myself with autel. Fyi i had hv batt crash sensor errors for a while, also had some kind of brake pump or press error. All cleared now

·
Registered
2 Posts
I caused this same error on mine by pulling out the HV disconnect under the drivers side and then turning on the key. Just for anyone who sees this. DO NOT DO THAT. I had to tow mine 300 miles by rental truck and trailer to service it. I do know after taking it there, to fix the problem they shut down the computer for the battery, and restarted it. Then the message went away. So my best advice to avoid getting charged a lot is to tell them you don’t need or want a diagnostic, you just want them to restart the HV battery system. Maybe that’ll save time they’ll charge troubleshooting and running diagnostic. From knowing this I now wonder if disconnecting the HV battery from under the car my cut power to the computer causing it to restart, I don’t know

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Neothunder, I have had this message on my dash for several months now because the 12V battery died. I've replaced the 12V battery and the vehicle functions properly but this message wont leave the screen. It blocks the range estimate and the ODO and is very frustrating. I've tired with several scan tools to clear the DTS's but the message still remains. Since I live in an area without a Smart dealer around this is a big problem for me.

A few questions for you. You say that you got this message by pulling the HV disconnect from under the dash and then turning the vehicle on. When this happened to you, once you reconnected the red HV plug, did the vehicle still function properly like mine does? You mentioned that you had it towed so I'm just curious if it was no longer derivable or not? Next question is did you happen to try pulling the red HV disconnect once again, with the 12V disconnected and the key off? I am hoping that if I do that it will restart my HV battery system and solve my problem as you've described. Thoughts????

Thanks for your help!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Neothunder, I have had this message on my dash for several months now because the 12V battery died. I've replaced the 12V battery and the vehicle functions properly but this message wont leave the screen. It blocks the range estimate and the ODO and is very frustrating. I've tired with several scan tools to clear the DTS's but the message still remains. Since I live in an area without a Smart dealer around this is a big problem for me.

A few questions for you. You say that you got this message by pulling the HV disconnect from under the dash and then turning the vehicle on. When this happened to you, once you reconnected the red HV plug, did the vehicle still function properly like mine does? You mentioned that you had it towed so I'm just curious if it was no longer derivable or not? Next question is did you happen to try pulling the red HV disconnect once again, with the 12V disconnected and the key off? I am hoping that if I do that it will restart my HV battery system and solve my problem as you've described. Thoughts????

Thanks for your help!!!!
Any luck clearing the HV System Workshop error?

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to this forum. The heat went out on my 2015 smart fortwo ed last week. I pulled the hv manual disconnect in order to work on the PTC heater. Made some progress on the heater, and plugged the hv disconnect back in to test it. I am getting the same HV System Workshop message. The closest dealership is 60 miles away. Has anyone found a way to clear this message?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts