Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
As the last know resort I am scheduling a service at the local MB dealer, I expect them to say I need a DC to DC charger, a traction battery, a SAM module replacement for $32,000

·
Registered
29 Posts
Post the error codes that are persisting when you do a scan after clearing codes with the Autel (I'm not familiar with that model but autel has detailed vehicle compatibility info on their web site. Even if it's a high-end scanner I'd make sure it lists specifically fortwo 451 ed, ED3 or 2013/2014 onward). Also make sure newest compatible firmware. If that doesn't work you could buy a STAR c3/c4 multiplexer (clone) with the appropriate cables and laptop, or call around to independent shops that service Mercedes and ask if they have STAR / SD / Xentry

·
Registered
128 Posts
After scanning with my Autel MK808:
P056200 Low voltage
B1F6716 No info
C212B11 Brak Vac pump short to ground
C212B16 Brak Vac not ok
C212B92 No info
P0A8D00 No info
P160300 Steinbauer module (I know this over current)
P160600 Steinbauer module (I know called for over current)
P160800 No info
P172C53 No info

The car charges fine, drives normal, vac brakes work fine as always, the 12v gets charged while car is on and when charge cord is in. All gauges work and indicate as normal.

I do not know what is holding this error open, I routinely scan for codes, I have had this Steinbauer module for 6 months and never set any codes, last month I had no codes. Then the car sat 2 days with the charge cord plugged in, I went to it one morning and turned the key and all dash lights dimly lit and the contactor click buzzed so I replaced the battery and all these codes showed up.

·
Registered
2017 453 Passion ED/EQ
314 Posts
Wait what? M/B might have a fix in for preventing bricking on the 451 ED? i did miss that one, i thought they were still in denial.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wait what? M/B might have a fix in for preventing bricking on the 451 ED? i did miss that one, i thought they were still in denial.
Maybe I was miss informed 😕 they said it was a BMS update too, maybe the fact my car never got this back in 2016, so they did it yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
1,652 Posts
Initial discussions here thought that the service campaign did address the bricking situation when the 12v battery went bad. However, I think we may have had one or two EV's that bricked with a bad 12v battery even after the campaign had been done. Someone might want to verify that.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 21,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 22,000 miles

21 - 29 of 29 Posts