Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thank you in advance for your assistance.

Originally I was having the dreaded 3 lines of death. After replacing the clutch actuator, gear shift motor and having the new parts re-learned by a MB Star machine it went away.

However I also noticed a clunking noise when taking off from a stop.

So I replaced the motor & transmission mounts and torqued them to spec. Yet I’m still having the issue.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello and thank you in advance for your assistance.

Originally I was having the dreaded 3 lines of death. After replacing the clutch actuator, gear shift motor and having the new parts re-learned by a MB Star machine it went away.

However I also noticed a clunking noise when taking off from a stop.

So I replaced the motor & transmission mounts and torqued them to spec. Yet I’m still having the issue.

Any ideas?
Do you feel the thud and clicking when you take your foot off the brake pedal?
Have you noticed if this happens on a inclined road?
Does this happen more when you are on a road that is slightly sloped downwards?
Is this on a 453 model?

·
Registered
560 Posts
On one of my 2ea. 451s I had a clunk similar to your concern. It was the right side, mid fender turn signal. Clear windshield RTV, some clear packing tape, and viola... ...fixed!

·
Registered
14 Posts
On one of my 2ea. 451s I had a clunk similar to your concern. It was the right side, mid fender turn signal. Clear windshield RTV, some clear packing tape, and viola... ...fixed!
I have this issue only when the road has a small downward slope with my 2017 453. If the road is flat or upward slope, no issue at all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts