1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
You'll Love it. Combined with a k&n stock sized air filter and your high flow exhaust you bought at smartmadness, you should get 5hp extra at the wheels. Verify by a member here with dyno testing. Not just testimonials as to how the car felt.

Something you could have used on your trip.
Good luck
Writing this from my hospital bed gallbladder surgery done.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
You'll Love it. Combined with a k&n stock sized air filter and your high flow exhaust you bought at smartmadness, should get you 5hp extra at the wheels. Something you could have used on your trip.
Good luck
Thought your cat had the stone? You too? Something in the water/food???

(Anyways glad you're okay).

@twcom It does look like you bought the last one in existence! Congratulations on getting it before it slipped away!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You'll Love it. Combined with a k&n stock sized air filter and your high flow exhaust you bought at smartmadness, should get you 5hp extra at the wheels. Something you could have used on your trip.
Good luck
You rest and recover. Once drain tube is removed breathing excersizes and as soon as you can Fart you can go home. I had mine removed 8 years ago. God be with you.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[/QUOTE]
@twcom It does look like you bought the last one in existence! Congratulations on getting it before it slipped away!

[/QUOTE]

The Ledgend will say "last in the USA Forge inventory"

They still show up on the Forge UK site.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
You rest and recover. Once drain tube is removed breathing excersizes and as soon as you can Fart you can go home. I had mine removed 8 years ago. God be with you.
I wish it were that easy. The infected gallbladder spread bacteria into my blood.
Doctors have to clear that up before they can release me.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish it were that easy. The infected gallbladder spread bacteria into my blood.
Doctors have to clear that up before they can release me.
Got it... Yes I had no infection related complications. Prayers.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Thank you.
Your going to love the new intake system. Cool dense air from outside being grabbed along the slipstream of the side of the car if you have scoop being forced into the intake system
More sense then smartMadness system that sucks hot air from inside the engine compartment. From what I understand.

·
Registered
282 Posts

[/QUOTE]

The Ledgend will say "last in the USA Forge inventory"

They still show up on the Forge UK site.
[/QUOTE]
I would save your factory airbox if the state of NY has an emissions test & inspection. In CA, these intake hoses will not pass the visual on the CA Emissions test. Replacing the factory airbox is $$ and a pain in the backside.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That should be my set up hence forth but for exhaust tips. These are what I will be chasing down .....

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Passion, now a 2016
191 Posts
That should be my set up hence forth but for exhaust tips.
These are what I will be chasing down .....
I like the looks of those, please post a link if you find them.
So hard to find something for the smart tiny 1.5" exhaust outlet.
Most look like a hotdog in a hallway.

Jim

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I like the looks of those, please post a link if you find them.
So hard to find something for the smart tiny 1.5" exhaust outlet.
Most look like a hotdog in a hallway.

Jim
This looks like a possible. with a little fabication to fit the Sila side out exhaust its ends pointing straight down

The roadster angle looks more correct for the stock muffler

Good angle on this one too

This is not horrible either

Ok looks like Italy may be a source.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I got this part:

installed on (450 catless; I really like the centered flex pipe):

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had to pause on the Forge hose install as I am still chasing my ABS/Traction control issue at the shop trying to keep from getting hosed there too. lol

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok with my ABS/Traction control issue sorted out and a beautiful weather afternoon on my hands found me about to take a nap afterwork......... I snapped out of it and headed back out side to at least take a look at the task of installing the Forge silicone intake hose. 15 minutes later its was done. After two minutes of trying to figure out necessary angle of the rear most torx screw. I thought "I am not keeping this resonator thing" so two hacksaw cuts later I was clamping the Red Forge Hose into place in its new engine bay home. Its such a nice sound. it was too nice a sound to let the car sit dusty over night, So I had to wax it.

I am very pleased with Power Design Ram Ait side scoop / KnN Filter in stock box / Forge Slicone intake hose / Sila Concepts Preformance side exit Exhaust. The sound and performance are great.

The look,,,, not so much.. I need some curb appeal. The little shinny exhaust tip pointing to the ground makes no visual sense. So the dual tail pipes pointing out back are a must.

But Yes I got Hosed today....... and I Love It !!!!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Same setup as mine. I kind of thought you would like it. Too bad you didn't have that setup for your smartball run.
It took me a little longer to get the resonator box out whole, but if and when I sell my smart I want to be able to offer all the OEM parts. Just in case the new owner wants to return the car to original. I still have the original exhaust system. Or they can be sold.

Any pictures of your engine compartment with the newly installed red intake hose?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Same setup as mine. I kind of thought you would like it. Too bad you didn't have that setup for your smartball run.
It took me a little longer to get the resonator box out whole, but if and when I sell my smart I want to be able to offer all the OEM parts. Just in case the new owner wants to return the car to original. I still have the original exhaust system. Or they can be sold.

Any pictures of your engine compartment with the newly installed red intake hose?
If mine sells it will be at an Estate Sale after I gave gone on to glory ..

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just a dirty dusty engine compartment with this bright red U shaped thing right now.. lol. But oh boy .... This morning on the way to work it just felt ..... Better.... Uncongested.. my ankle is adjusting to where my foot is pulling off the accelerator the pressing while coasting along at 65. My, to work, drive is 3 miles city lights and 3 miles highway. Normally Scangauge will show 29 mpg when I park at work today it showed 34 mpg.. So I think this is a nice upgrade.

When You are ready to breathe...... Get Hosed....

I am the Happy Driver of The Harlem Edition 451 and I approve of this message.....

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
As noted it's a good idea to keep OEM intake parts especially if you consider selling to someone in CA. Without a CARB EO# assigned one may and will likely not pass the every two year smog check (which starts at year 6 if it hasn't changed).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts