Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Sweet, Looks brand new. Glad it now has an owner that might actually give it some road time

Bonus of those tinted windows, Got to peal that decal off the back now

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice find.......picked it up at Butler Nissan?:rolleyes:
Yep...and yes, I do need to get that Butler sticker off of the back! Drove it home (Shelbyville area) tonight...this little thing is a blast!!! Almost more fun than my 92' 325i convertible!

Now I need to figure out how to use the Nav/Bluetooth/Stereo...

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Yep...and yes, I do need to get that Butler sticker off of the back! Drove it home (Shelbyville area) tonight...this little thing is a blast!!! Almost more fun than my 92' 325i convertible!

Now I need to figure out how to use the Nav/Bluetooth/Stereo...
You could have Barney O put a turbo on it and then it would be more fun than your 325i :D

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
...glad to see another smart running around IN...
...next time you come up to the big city let me know...
...don't listen to the guys here...next spring you are welcome to come to the drag strip and race with us....

jetfuel....too much fun

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sweet, Looks brand new. Glad it now has an owner that might actually give it some road time

Bonus of those tinted windows, Got to peal that decal off the back now
I have not been able to figure out the attraction of tinted windows. I'm peeling mine off the first chance I get (well, side windows....I'm leaving the one on the back window).

donsgal

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
I have not been able to figure out the attraction of tinted windows. I'm peeling mine off the first chance I get (well, side windows....I'm leaving the one on the back window).

donsgal

Gut feeling you've owned a Hupmobile or Whippit at one point in the last 100 years. (that was a joke :p)

Lots of bonuses for tinted windows.

-Keeps the interior MUCH cooler in the summer - less work for the A/C to keep up = better MPG. (check out how the Climate Control works)
- Security - harder to see items that could be stolen in the interior.
- Nose picking, everyone is always looking at you in the smart. With tinted windows they can't see you doing it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,944 Posts

donsgal
generally anyone south of the Mason-Dickson line loves it. It's the very first thing I do to any new car I get. If you pay for a quality job (nice metalized film), there is no problem with pealing, or scratching it. If the dark is too dark, one can put a lighter tint in is and still cut down on 50% of the solar gain.:wink:

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
generally anyone south of the Mason-Dickson line loves it. It's the very first thing I do to any new car I get. If you pay for a quality job (nice metalized film), there is no problem with pealing, or scratching it. If the dark is too dark, one can put a lighter tint in is and still cut down on 50% of the solar gain.:wink:
That's the way my front windows are, pretty dark but not a limo tint. 35%. Rear 1/4's and back window is 20%.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Good tinted windows will keep the inside of your car cooler in the summer. Normally, the tint is not noticed while you are in the car...it should keep the plastic on the inside from drying out and cracking...or at least delay those bad things from happening.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts