Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I looked at today's mail, I started to get all excited. There was a multi-colored postcard from Smart USA in the stack showing five small pictures of Smart Cars. I felt really special and was hoping it was my notice to contact my local dealership. I felt so SPECIAL that they had contacted me, personally, at my home rather than via my e-mail as all my other correspondence has been. Then I began to read it.....

"Congratulations on being one of the first to get a sneak peak of the smart fortwo during this year's "street smart" Road Show. We are confident you found the car innovative, functional and fun to drive.

If you haven't yet placed a $99 reservation for a smart fortwo, we invite you to do so at www.smartusa.com where you can also find out the latest information about smart!

Sincerely,
The smart USA team"

Suddenly, upon seeing that this contact wasn't even aware I have made my confirmation, I no longer felt so special. Then to add insult to injury, I turned the card over to see that while it was addressed to MY ADDRESS and everything, it was addressed to a man, I'd never heard of before. I don't even know if he lives in my town. I certainly hope their MAIN database is not as screwed up as this mailing was.

So, it's back to the 'waiting' game for me.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Harleyduo

I assume you did go to a road show and test drive
I assume you filled out the post test drive survey
I assume the transcriber got interrupted at work and put your address to another survey respondents name

I did not get a post card but an e-mail from the sponsoring dealership... same simple mistakes in the body of the form letter.... yes a tad disapointing... but hey they did try... more then I can say for other aspects of this frustrating experience

1 - 3 of 3 Posts