Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love it to death. Can't imagine lif ewithout it. Does anyone know where I can get the change out parts for the body? I also would love to put chrome rims on it; does anyone know where I can get these? One more question: I live in MI and have no idea once it hits 10k miles where to get the oil changed, anyone have an idea where?

·
Super Moderator
29,392 Posts
Do some searching for body panels - several threads on that, was well as stickies on panels for sale/exchange and a DIY on how to change the panels.

Don't know where in MI you live but you can check smart USA - open your mind to the car that challenges the status quo for their dealer locator and find the one closest to you. If you have the filter and synthetic oil, any good oil change place can do the change or you can DIY. :)

PS - which dealer did you take delivery from?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Polished and Chromed Wheels

Love it to death. Can't imagine lif ewithout it. Does anyone know where I can get the change out parts for the body? I also would love to put chrome rims on it; does anyone know where I can get these? One more question: I live in MI and have no idea once it hits 10k miles where to get the oil changed, anyone have an idea where?
A few of us have already done this and you can see our results posted under our posts or subject matter (Tires and Wheels I think). Because there were no cores available, I had to jack my smart up for 5 working days, have the tires/wheels disassembled, polished, chromed then reversed the whole process. It should get easier as availablility improved. Polishing and Chroming wheels should run you from $60 to $100 each...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts