Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after placing my order in May of 07 yesterday I got the call. Smart Center Louisville called to say my new Rally Red with silver stripe will be in in a week. Its loaded with everything but leather. I am excited and looking forward to the fun. I am a door to door salesman and think my Smart will make my work that much more fun.
I'm dancing in the street!

Dagwodzz

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a second call today wanting my ss#?

I was at work today when my dealer calls and asks me my birth date and ss#. Now keep in mind I have not yet decided to finance with them. I ask why he needed this info? His reply was..... the third party they use to contact my stat of TN. ( they are in KY) needs this info to process all the paper work. He likened them to a title company like when closing on a house. ? what I said? Tell me how calling my home state and figuring out the taxes ans tags requires my data. The rest was yadad yada.... I have seen a thread on this before but I just see any reason they need this as I am getting my own financing.

Any thoughts?

Dagwodzz

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got my call yesterday. Reserved 571 days before that(July 26, 2007). And poetic justice, I'm covered up at work and can't get to the dealership before February 28! Now the car is waiting for me! The dealer did ask my personal info too: SSN, DL number and date of expiration. Like you Dagwood, I have financing in place. But I am crossing a state line to buy the car, maybe that's a factor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was at work today when my dealer calls and asks me my birth date and ss#. Now keep in mind I have not yet decided to finance with them. I ask why he needed this info? His reply was..... the third party they use to contact my stat of TN. ( they are in KY) needs this info to process all the paper work. He likened them to a title company like when closing on a house. ? what I said? Tell me how calling my home state and figuring out the taxes ans tags requires my data. The rest was yadad yada.... I have seen a thread on this before but I just see any reason they need this as I am getting my own financing.

Any thoughts?

Dagwodzz
The info is necessary in our state because they need to run OFAC on you....just ensuring you're not a drug dealer or terrorist :- )

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got my call yesterday. Reserved 571 days before that(July 26, 2007). And poetic justice, I'm covered up at work and can't get to the dealership before February 28! Now the car is waiting for me! The dealer did ask my personal info too: SSN, DL number and date of expiration. Like you Dagwood, I have financing in place. But I am crossing a state line to buy the car, maybe that's a factor.

BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they Don't need it. I was out of state as well. There is NO reason for them to have that info! When I stood my ground they came through.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A drivers license is a far cry from asking your birth date and SS #

In the end that is all I needed as well.

Dagwodzz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts