Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was hoping to buy just one to match lol. yeah right. I don't want to go back with low profile on the back seeing that what ever I ran over didn't hurt the front. Can I just buy a set of 4 15" rims and be done? I live in a small town in east Texas and it is used to run around town.

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
Anita, You title says you own a 08 Brabus. smart didn’t offer, that model, till 2009. What does your wheels look like?

lf you buy 4 new 15” wheels at the tire rack. It’s going to cost you $452.88. Then add on all new 15” tires all around. Mount and balancing too.

How badly bent is your wheel. Can it be repaired? Getting it fix, would be a lot cheaper.

Good Luck with your choice.

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,913 Posts
Anita, welcome to SCoA.

The OEM staggered wheel/tire combination on the MY09 “limited edition” Brabus OEM can be challenging. Replacement wheels (especially rear) are hard to find with very few P215/35R17 tire choices available.

If this is your “round town” runabout you may want to look for a complete 15” wheel/tire replacement solution to include TPMS?

Note that the 3 remaining Brabus wheels may be of value to help defray your expense?

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was hoping to buy just one to match lol. yeah right. I don't want to go back with low profile on the back seeing that what ever I ran over didn't hurt the front. Can I just buy a set of 4 15" rims and be done? I live in a small town in east Texas and it is used to run around town.
Anita, You title says you own a 08 Brabus. smart didn’t offer, that model, till 2009. What does your wheels look like?

lf you buy 4 new 15” wheels at the tire rack. It’s going to cost you $452.88. Then add on all new 15” tires all around. Mount and balancing too.

How badly bent is your wheel. Can it be repaired? Getting it fix, would be a lot cheaper.

Good Luck with your choice.
you are correct its a 2009 my bad. yeah it can not be fixed

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anita, welcome to SCoA.

The OEM staggered wheel/tire combination on the MY09 “limited edition” Brabus OEM can be challenging. Replacement wheels (especially rear) are hard to find with very few P215/35R17 tire choices available.

If this is your “round town” runabout you may want to look for a complete 15” wheel/tire replacement solution to include TPMS?

Note that the 3 remaining Brabus wheels may be of value to help defray your expense?
Thank you didnt think about that

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
If you can put up pics of your brabus rims, maybe someone here might have more ideas to contribute.

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
It’s a shame to own a Brabus, and put boring stock 15” wheels on it. It would be cheaper to just replace that one wheel. Be very careful of pot holes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts