Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be wrong, but was there a difference between the 2008 and 2009 button console? I am looking at a car locally that looks to be missing the fog lights, but has everthing else you could get stock. Looking at the console button, I see three unused buttons. One would be for the drop top it doesnt have, one would be for the fog lights I would put in, was teh third the rear defroster? if so, how did you turn on the 08 rear defrost? Was it on all the time like the mirrors?

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,084 Posts
This is the fullest button bank I have found. It's heated seats on the right and left button.Then fog lights, lock doors, flashers, unlock doors, car alarm, then tire pressure monitor.

The coupe has a spot in front of the gearshift to hold 4 quarters for parking meters. If you have a Cabrio you only have 2 slots for quarters and the other 2 slots are replaced with the switch for the convertible top. The rear window defroster is up on my heater controls on my 2011.

The three middle buttons are Air conditioning, rear window defroster, recirculate cabin air.

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,084 Posts
You're missing the car alarm on the right hand side and the fog light button on the left side of the button bank. The wiring is in place on the car for factory fog lights as the connectors are behind the front valance panels. But you would have to buy another button bank that has the extra button in it. Then if fog lights weren't previously activated for the SAM computer to power the lights, you have to go to a Mercedes dealer to have them activated so the switch recieves power to operate them. It's a pain and that's why I just did aftermarket fogs and powered them on a separate switch connected to the fuse panel on an accessory terminal that is only powered when the ignition switch is on.

·
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really want the stock lights and alarm guess I won't get this one. I don't mind going to the dealership for either of those. And I have the button bank from my old one too. Was going to swap it anyway.

·
Super Moderator
17,601 Posts
Jedi!!!!! *Gasps*! :D

Anyway, you can also use the button bank with the blank spots on it. All you'll have to do is take it out, then dremel the piece that stops the blank from working like a button.

The tutorial is somewhere on Evilution :)

Reactions: Smart ol'fart

·
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did that with mine. But they said the Sam would need to be programed. I should have the cash. Maybe by the time the money gets here something better will come up. I found one at the smart center here that us perfect except for the tridion and panels. I'd be happy with something that fits everything except the panels. Sigh.

·
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jedi!!!!! *Gasps*!

Anyway, you can also use the button bank with the blank spots on it. All you'll have to do is take it out, then dremel the piece that stops the blank from working like a button.

The tutorial is somewhere on Evilution
I'm. Baaaaaaaaack!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts