Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I've developed an adaptor system for rear speakers. It fits into the pop out panels in the trunk area. There's just enough space for 4" speakers. That size speaker fits in the area just fine, even on the passenger side where the panel is much smaller. I have an 09 Cabrio, but it should fit the coupe too. For me this installation has not interfered with the ECM, and the panel can be removed if you ever need access to the mechanics in that area. These are hand crafted panels. Send me a message if you are interested in buying a set.

My audio system now sounds more balanced with the rear speakers in installed. Another good thing, I now have rear speakers without losing trunk space! Here is a pic of the speakers installed in my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Now THAT is a very interesting, elegant solution. Well done! Any plans to share the plans or parts? I think you have the Smart market cornered on good-looking aftermarket rear speakers.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was watching your listing on eBay.

What speakers do you have in there? I couldn't find any 4" speakers with square covers on Amazon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was watching your listing on eBay.

What speakers do you have in there? I couldn't find any 4" speakers with square covers on Amazon.
I purchased my speakers from WalMart. I like the speakers, but not the grills that came with them. The grills I used instead are from a set of speakers a purchased years ago. The round grills that came with my new speakers would have still fit, though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I purchased my speakers from WalMart. I like the speakers, but not the grills that came with them. The grills I used instead are from a set of speakers a purchased years ago. The round grills that came with my new speakers would have still fit, though.

Im interested do you have them available ??

Julian

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
It looks great. Anyone have thoughts about whether the rear speakers will interfere with an area451 cruise connected to the ECU behind the right panel. (There's corner around here with lots of microwave and radio towers that I have to avoid or it shuts down the car. Since that only happens when the cruise connected, I'm a bit worried about putting a magnet next to it.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do still have the rear speaker adapters available. Please let me know if you are still interested in them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts