Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new 453 interior is nice. Don't care for the exterior at all. Looks like its got the mumps. Very disappointed.:crying:

·
17,345 Posts
Just noticed, the wheel is going to be adjustable...

Edit: DARN YOU AUTOGUIDE!!! Let me attach a photo! :(

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
I'm sincerely disappointed, after seeing the photos. The interior is hideous, the exterior is just ugly. I had hope.

Is this the price I have to pay for improved performance and better fuel efficiency? Hmmm, there are other choices that offer those things.

Maybe this thing will grow on me?

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Interior is a huge improvement over the 451. Do not understand how someone could prefer the 451 to the 453.
I think this interior could be awesome but the quality of materials is going to really make or break it. Interior quality of Audi or VW, good choices of color, not a lot of fabric, and good ergonomics could really be a great sales promoter. But without the good quality materials it will feel more like a Yugo.
I hope the exterior is like a fungus....so it can grow on me. :D

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Interior is a huge improvement over the 451. Do not understand how someone could prefer the 451 to the 453.
Clearly it is a subjective matter. I think the new interior design is gaudy. I mean, it kind of reminds me of the Mother Ship on Close Encounters.

·
17,345 Posts
I'm sincerely disappointed, after seeing the photos. The interior is hideous, the exterior is just ugly. I had hope.

Is this the price I have to pay for improved performance and better fuel efficiency? Hmmm, there are other choices that offer those things.

Maybe this thing will grow on me?
I felt the same way about a few cars, especially the new Jeep Cherokee, the new Lincoln Navigator, and the Nissan Juke.

Then I saw them in the flesh and they weren't bad at all! :)

·
Super Moderator
28,237 Posts
I think it's just the attachment to the 451. The same way a lot of 450 owners moaned and complained about the interior (and exterior) of the 451.
Same with a lot of cars - the current owners hated (so they said) the previous versions and then can't stand the replacement for their cars. To each his or her own....:shrug:

FWIW, with the reduced turning circle, the turbo motor and the DCT, the new 453 will be king of the Tail of the Dragon. :wink:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts