Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, so today I realize that when I shift my car in to "D" the screen in the instrunment cluster won't say "D" anymore, it straiaght up says "1", even i bump it in and out of the manual gate it did the same thing. holding down the pedal shifter for 3 second on the + side (This always work for mercedes with my experience I don't know if they changed it for the smart), still won't go back to drive. Unlike the last sequential gear box car I ever drove in my life, pulling both pedal won't go in to neutreal.... Also the transmission won't shift automatically now but manual mode works flawlessly. Anyone have any idea how this hapens? Thank you for taking your time to read my post.

·
Super Moderator
17,697 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the car's battery for roughly 30 min then reconnecting? Seems like your car has forgotten it has the auto function.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried disconnecting the car's battery for roughly 30 min then reconnecting? Seems like your car has forgotten it has the auto function.
I just did that twice and retaught the transmission. Still no luck. Also "Park" doesn't seems to work. If you leave it in park it can still roll away with no hand brake

1 - 3 of 3 Posts