Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes folks, we have two SmartCar and been driving those in Canada for the past three years.

Of course, we also have a big Van (GM) to carry the kids and my wife's mother... but the SmartCar is a good excuse not to bring a crowd when I want to make life simple (hum!)

My product rating: Very good

COMFORT: You would be surprise... it's better than in my Honda CI
ROAD HANDLING: Very good in the city and better than expected on the highway.
LOOKS: Super catchy!
FUEL CONSUMPTION: much better than anything else on the market.
ADVANTAGES: Eye-catching, very economical, makes people smile at you.
DISADVANTAGE: I have yet to find any !
RECOMMANDATION to potential buyers: grab one or two... for the fun of it and to help save the planet.

·
Registered
465 Posts
There is another another advantage I mentioned to my wife the other day. By changing out all the cars in our three car garage with Smart cars, our home becomes kind of exclusive by having a six car garage...think of he boost to resale.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hahahaha... so what cars are you trading out? I have actually heard this from some of my friends too though. They are excited to be able to fit the smart in the garage along with another vehicle.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hahahaha... so what cars are you trading out? I have actually heard this from some of my friends too though. They are excited to be able to fit the smart in the garage along with another vehicle.
Well, there is only one possible - my beloved '02 Imola Yellow Audi TT. My wife's new Lexus has 1200 miles on the clock - so, it's not going anywhere, and I have a '93 toyota pickup with 140+K on it. A paid for pickup can't leave - plus, since I bought it new it's only had a new radiator and a clutch, (partially after teaching the kid how to drive) It's still on the original plugs, wires, tune, brake pads...well everything. and still manages 24mpg around town. Others have caused the replacement of the radio, the rear window, three rear bumpers, and two rear fenders. I just couldn't part with an old friend like that.

If I end up keeping everything, I may just build a semi-enclosed carport for the Smart. Texas sun and hailstorms are hard on outside cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts