Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I miss my Smart Fortwo Pure Coupe. :crying:

The 2014 Mercedes C250 Sport Sedan the dealership loaned me while my Smart is being repaired is just too nice to drive.

Thank God I'll have it back by Wednesday, I'm embarrassed to be seen driving the C250.
Makes me wonder if people think I make enough money to buy one.

Not only that it has way too much horsepower and gets only 22/31 city/hwy.

What kind of person would actually buy a car like that?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Me, if I had the $! Love my smart but there are times when a touch of luxury is nice too. I have a cherry 1990 Benz E300 that is about the same size as the current C-Class and it is a real pleasure to drive on trips.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The w201 series is probably one of the best lines MB ever made. I'd love a Cosworth 2.5 16v :)
When is there ever too much horsepower? Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
On the bright side you got a decent car as a loaner, we got beaten Buicks sedans when we take our Suburban for service at the local Chevy dealer.....try puting 2 adults and 6 kids in those clunkers....

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
On the bright side you got a decent car as a loaner, we got beaten Buicks sedans when we take our Suburban for service at the local Chevy dealer.....try puting 2 adults and 6 kids in those clunkers....
At Aristocrat smart , you get a ride to work, and back. A good car wash. The bill is the best part.:)

Try getting 2 adults, and 6 kids in a smart car.:D

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Hope you aren't too worried to enjoy the car while you've got it.

Who would buy a car like that? Lotsa folks! As for myself, if I had the money I'd have to spend just a little bit more and go for an SLK250 Roadster. It has the proper number of seats too, LOL.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I miss my Smart Fortwo Pure Coupe. :crying:

The 2014 Mercedes C250 Sport Sedan the dealership loaned me while my Smart is being repaired is just too nice to drive.

Thank God I'll have it back by Wednesday, I'm embarrassed to be seen driving the C250.
Makes me wonder if people think I make enough money to buy one.

Not only that it has way too much horsepower and gets only 22/31 city/hwy.

What kind of person would actually buy a car like that?

If you think thats too nice then you haven't even been in a Tesla. :wink:

But C-classes are pretty much a waste of money though. And they are as common as camrys and corollas so not really anything special. They are alright but not worth the price imo. I use to like them a lot but now that i've gotten "smarter" i've started actually looking into cars rather than just looking at them and the cost would just be way too much for what your getting, and its one of the "cheapest" mercedes lol

Then the AMG's... Super duper waste for a C-Class coupe with a body kit, rims, exhaust, and some more power, and even worse gas mileage. :sorrysign:

With all that said i'd take a smart over a c-class too :D

·
Banned
682 Posts
If you think thats too nice then you haven't even been in a Tesla. :wink:

But C-classes are pretty much a waste of money though. And they are as common as camrys and corollas so not really anything special. They are alright but not worth the price imo. I use to like them a lot but now that i've gotten "smarter" i've started actually looking into cars rather than just looking at them and the cost would just be way too much for what your getting, and its one of the "cheapest" mercedes lol

Then the AMG's... Super duper waste for a C-Class coupe with a body kit, rims, exhaust, and some more power, and even worse gas mileage. :sorrysign:

With all that said i'd take a smart over a c-class too :D

You guy are a grin...I've owned 3 model years of Smarts...'09...'11...and now a '13...no doubt the smart is a great little errand vehicle...but the C-Class is a beautiful engineered true Mercedes without the embarrassing Mitsubishi drive-train heritage! I tend to think of my Smart as a powered roller skate! Lol

Additionally...the C63 AMG is a wonderful driver's machine...a true grin to operate!

To compare a smart to a Mercedes C-Class...really now??!! Lol

And yes...I'm familar with Tesla...very common vehicles in parts of Houston...but still nice rides!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya, I'm not complaining I just wanted to see what kind of replies I'd get.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
DR, I certainly understand your feeling for your smart. Many people BUY the celebrity of a Benz. It takes balls to own a smart, and the celebrity of ownership is unending.
There's something FUN about owning a smart as viewed by non-owners. It appears to be so different from other cars with no obvious means of propulsion, and it just goes zipping around. Still fun, after all these years. I'm with you! What a load of fun. When I'm in the Camry, I'm invisible. In the smart, it continues to get noticed. It is not just another BENZ. It has the celebrity of DIFFERENT.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
The C Class (204) is just so boring to look at. The upcoming 205 may be a little better. More importantly, the back seat of the C is puny, the legroom is a joke, with headroom not much better. The smallest Mercedes sedan sold right now that can take 4-5 passengers in some comfort is the E. With the 250 diesel engine it's a sweet ride too, we tested one a few months back and it was quite nice. Our family car is a B 200, which is as large inside as the E Class, but with better than 32 US MPG lifetime FE. No doubt the E 250 would do much better than that.

·
17,349 Posts
You guy are a grin...I've owned 3 model years of Smarts...'09...'11...and now a '13...no doubt the smart is a great little errand vehicle...but the C-Class is a beautiful engineered true Mercedes without the embarrassing Mitsubishi drive-train heritage! I tend to think of my Smart as a powered roller skate! Lol

Additionally...the C63 AMG is a wonderful driver's machine...a true grin to operate!

To compare a smart to a Mercedes C-Class...really now??!! Lol

And yes...I'm familar with Tesla...very common vehicles in parts of Houston...but still nice rides!
Ditto! :D

There is nothing "cheap", "common", or wasteful about a C-Class. It's a lovely, comfortable, and luxurious sedan that will shred its tyres on command.

And the C63? It'll rip your face off first, then get to the tyres. The AMG kit is so much more than some body parts. No, AMG turns what was once an already wild sedan into an untamed monster.

Granted, between a C and a Model S, I'd take the Model S...but there's nothing wrong with the C-Class at all.

P.S. Mercedes does make cars that are much cheaper than the C-Class. :wink:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DR, I certainly understand your feeling for your smart. Many people BUY the celebrity of a Benz. It takes balls to own a smart, and the celebrity of ownership is unending.
There's something FUN about owning a smart as viewed by non-owners. It appears to be so different from other cars with no obvious means of propulsion, and it just goes zipping around. Still fun, after all these years. I'm with you! What a load of fun. When I'm in the Camry, I'm invisible. In the smart, it continues to get noticed. It is not just another BENZ. It has the celebrity of DIFFERENT.
Ya, I love my Smart for all those reasons. The C250 is OK for now but can't wait to get the Smart back. Twice the mileage of the Benz, hell, I've just been using it to go to work, do errands and go out to eat a couple of times and already down to half a tank.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I understand............

About 5 years ago,I had to leave my 2008 at smart center charlotte,to get a
fuel gauge problem fixed. Instead of giving me a loaner,they rented me a new
Toyota corolla.(on their dime) I HATED THAT CAR!!.............
I am 6'4" and by the time I had driven back to Asheville,my legs and butt
were in pain!! But worse than that,was that lack of quick,crisp handling. Also
the fuel cost from charlotte and back,was twice what my smart burned. I know
a lot of people love their Toyotas,but they would have to PAY ME really well
to just drive one!!...................

1 - 16 of 16 Posts