Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some idiot crashed and broke the rear window of my car, anyone of you knows the extent of the rear window of the smart fortwo 2009, for a window of unbreakable plastic.

Please size, they can give me that measurement is accurate ....:smilie_barf:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is a coupe , thanks for you welcome , can you help me please , ineed the perfect size of the rear window ? :(

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
There's really no substitute that I know of for the factory rear window. It's not made to press permanently in to a seal - it's a lift gate. It's made to be mounted to the arms that lift it up, and it's 'molded' to a curved shape to perfectly fit the gasket that surrounds it when closed.

I wouldn't play with aftermarket when it comes to such a vital part of the car - I'd find someone with a wrecked Smart (here or maybe even ebay?) and snag the rear glass at a good price.

Since it's an odd shape and the whole thing is curved, it'll likely come at a hefty premium like the rear window for the first generation Saturn SL - it had a massive wrap-around curve on both sides and was hard to come by.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That is a heck of a good price! Last Dec. When I opened (or rather pushed the window release) my rear window released and shattered in the same instant.

The only place I could find a replacement was the local Smart Dealer and just the window was $340 and the installation was $340 for a total of $680. It was that or park it.

Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
please helpp! :(

:shrug:sorry i read the papers of my car and is a Smart Fortwo Cabrio Pulse 2009 is like this

mlm-s2-p.mlstatic .com/smart-fortwo-2009-2p-cabrio-pulse-72-hp-aa-piel-16045-MLM6472582898_062014-O.jpg

the window of your picture is like the rear window of my car???

(Remove the spaces for see the pic)

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
:shrug:sorry i read the papers of my car and is a Smart Fortwo Cabrio Pulse 2009 is like this

mlm-s2-p.mlstatic .com/smart-fortwo-2009-2p-cabrio-pulse-72-hp-aa-piel-16045-MLM6472582898_062014-O.jpg

the window of your picture is like the rear window of my car???

(Remove the spaces for see the pic)
The picture is of a coupe. :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you know someone who can sell Missoni empire more sercano what I have left of my country ... and this just cheap , can you help?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts