Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long do u guys think the smart car would be available for me....because i need it by the starting of march next year...do you think i will be able to get my hands on one before that.....what is the typical wait time on them and where are they being manufactured? are they shipped from inside USA or are the exported from Germany or Europe?

and while reserving i was asked all kind of questions etc but then at the end of the reservation when u need to print out the confirmation i read that we might not end up with what we r ordering, we might get her is the verbatim

"Although you have indicated a preferred model and color choices on this form, there is no guarantee that the smart car offered to you will match the preferences you have indicated. Please note that only an authorized smart USA dealer may confirm your order."

so does that mean i might end up with a color which i dont want ....

·
Registered
517 Posts
How long do u guys think the smart car would be available for me....because i need it by the starting of march next year...do you think i will be able to get my hands on one before that.....
Nope. Ain't gonna happen. The only people who are going to get a car by then are those who ordered right away when they first started taking reservations. You may be able to buy one from one of those people, at a health markup, but not from smart directly.

I put in my reservation on September 22, and I hope (and by the sounds of it here, optimistically), by next October.

what is the typical wait time on them and where are they being manufactured? are they shipped from inside USA or are the exported from Germany or Europe?
They're being shipped from France - no idea on the wait time. Canada is already getting theirs, but they're being sent through the Mercedes-Benz network - I don't know what their wait time has been, and we couldn't say if it's applicable even if we did.

"Although you have indicated a preferred model and color choices on this form, there is no guarantee that the smart car offered to you will match the preferences you have indicated. Please note that only an authorized smart USA dealer may confirm your order."

so does that mean i might end up with a color which i dont want ....
Yes, it's possible. Methinks that statement was included just to cover MB and PAG's butts in the event of something strange (such as yellow #5 being added to the panels, and declared a health hazard) or a shortage in parts or accessories.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
****e that wrecks my plans....i needed the car bad from march.....i thought 5 months time would be god enough for them to get me one.....:mad:

·
Registered
517 Posts
The date when dealers can actually sell the cars isn't until January 1st, so you're talking about, at best , three months - just not going to happen. I would guess that if they were suddenly available for November registrations, something really catastrophic happened with the 451s and nobody wanted them anymore.

·
Registered
222 Posts
****e that wrecks my plans....i needed the car bad from march.....i thought 5 months time would be god enough for them to get me one.....:mad:
It probably would have been available to you in March if you'd reserved when they started taking reservations last March. But now there are 35,000 people waiting in front of you (and me) and the first cars for sale are not even here yet. We'll be lucky to get them this time next year!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts