Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hood is slightly offset, and one of my headlights is loose from its mount. There is a slight crack in the other mount, but it's not fully broken. There is now a gap of about .5" at the seam where my left headlight meets my front panel. At first glance you wouldn't even notice as there are no scratches or anything.

Has anyone incurred seemingly minor front end damage with their smart, and if so, how much did it end up costing you?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Contact your insurance company first thing and I trust your deductible is not too high.
Then 'only' take it to a shop which usually repairs smart cars. Most of the time it's a dealer who has OEM parts and experience. The smart is a tough little car yet with this damage it should be checked by a pro.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I hit a dear and had to replace the full assembly for the passenger side headlight. As I recall the part was about $350, and another $50 to install and align it properly. So if you have a $500 deductible, good odds you're eating it. But then that's the risk you take with a deductible. ;)

·
17,352 Posts
Someone nailed my rear end in a parking lot. AFAIK from looking under the affected panels, just cosmetic.

At least smart panels are pretty cheap.

And I still have that darn bullet hole to take care of...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts