Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the LA Auto Show yesterday and as I was leaving..I went to the staples center to see who was playing...and noticed an orange I3...then another..then another....then across the street a saw a building with a large sign saying I3 experience....

so off I went..5 minutes inside to sign up they have food and drinks...nice areas to sit and research the new I3..

and it was off for my test drive...

they had 50 fully loaded all option I3's in orange, 20 inch rims, leather, moon roof

and a 10 second how to drive and I was off.....wow really nice car....

a short right turn only 5 minute drive but it really is off the hook...totally different

and the kicker....they were using the quick charge to fuel them back up to 80% in 15 miuntes

the home charger which they say can charge the car back up fully in 3 hours is about 1000 dollars including installation and can be added to the lease or purchase price

the back seat is a little hard to get in and out of if your older...younger people and kids no problem

and it has a Frunk..like the Tesla....

so if you are going to the show go for a free test drive....

h
ttp://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y437/jimtesla/20131123_142809_zps8286ce5e.jpg

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way..they had one electric Smart...in the back in red with no options....and nobody with any knowledge of the car or what it can do...very poor showing...

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
by the way..they had one electric Smart...in the back in red with no options....and nobody with any knowledge of the car or what it can do...very poor showing...
Very typical. Corporate is IN. MBUSA is only as interested as the amount of return on their investment can provide, as in NOT.

·
Registered
521 Posts
they have the smart with the fricken wings there, like anyone is going to buy that so that does nothing.

one city flame smart, a white brabus, an electric with no options and the bo concept

lack of "smart" educators... estimated sales: 0

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I'd like to see the I3 with wings, etc. too.
Then I'd like to see the Aztek with wings too.
Oh, put me in a padded room...:bangwall:
Such a design shouldn't ever leave the studio in my non-humble opinion.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the I3 power is amazing off the line no cut off like my volt.....and you let off the accelerator and it comes to a complete stop no need for brakes...just like the mini E

very fast and comfortable..i was impressed

·
Registered
142 Posts
the i3's body design did not impress me, but the ideal that BMW has set upon is brilliant. I think that it's wise to include the option for a tiny generator on-board, not something that will power the wheels like a Prius (parallel hybrid). ICE works best at one speed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts