Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where is the IAT sensor located and is there an easy way to tap into the wires? I just recieved a gadget that taps into the IAT sensor and the O2 sensor that is supposed to increase power and gas mileage.2008 Cabrio.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Haven't installed it yet. But it does make logical sense as to what it's suppose to do.

When we applied more intake pressure to the sensor the voltage went up and thus tells the computer that it senses more intake pressure and applies more fuel. It's like have the car on boost with out boost so the car gets more fuel. Let's see what happens. In theory all should work. I won't be having a problem of to much fuel cause that's what the O2 sensors are there for to regulate how much fuel will be used. I already have an intake so I have more air entering the engine so more is just needed.

I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
If you people think some gadget that connects to the IAT sensor and the O2 sensor is going to make your engine run better or stronger or jump higher or something, you are either going to be disappointed or, if not, self-delusional.

Do you even know what IAT stands for? Or what it does? :hackitup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you people think some gadget that connects to the IAT sensor and the O2 sensor is going to make your engine run better or stronger or jump higher or something, you are either going to be disappointed or, if not, self-delusional.

Do you even know what IAT stands for? Or what it does? :hackitup:
after reading your post i was skeptical but i had already bought a Innovative performance chip from amazon for 150 bucks canadian. disconect the battery for 24 hrs attatch to the iat sensor wires and just like they said 35 % more hp i was prepared to buy a new turbo but it runs like a top now. 2006 cdi. very impressed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts