Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to make a thread to see what kind of IAT's you guys were seeing. How much above ambient does your system run? What type of intake setup are you running?

·
17,479 Posts
I normally run about 18*-30* above outside air temperature depending on how often I'm stopped.

Engine seems to run between 172*-188* unless I'm stopped, then it'll go to about 195*.

I have the BMS rubber intake tube with the stock air filter. When I change out my oil for the 20k I'm ditching the stock filter for something better.

This is a photo I took after accelerating away from a light I sat at for about three minutes. Outside air was 31*.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
My cdi's IAT is about a delta 3-5 degrees C above ambient on the flats. On a long, steep hill when the turbo boost is peaked at 1.15 bar, it can go up to 50-60 C in hot weather.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neon, I'm running about the same IATs as you are. I believe that this is still a bit high for my taste. I'm going to run a fog test and record it for all to see on a stock system. If any leaks are found, Butch and I will take steps to seal the box. I noticed that on my SILA setup, we would run cooler IATs for some reason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts