Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been test driving a used yellow passion cabriolet (2008 with 6000 miles on it.) I love it! I think i am going to sign the dotted line today at lunch. I have wanted one ever since they came available here in the Carolina's.

So! here i am! Almost a smartie! or whatever the term is... i will need to get better with the lingo.

I do have a few a few questions:

1. At the drive thru window or some place i need to ease forward or back wards, i get this jumpy hesitation. is that normal?

2. How do you get use to people grilling you about safety, even after you tell them the Smart car got highest score in crash tests in 2008?

3. anyone have any metallic grey panels they would like to sell or trade for yellow?

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,112 Posts
I have been test driving a used yellow passion cabriolet (2008 with 6000 miles on it.) I love it! I think i am going to sign the dotted line today at lunch. I have wanted one ever since they came available here in the Carolina's.

So! here i am! Almost a smartie! or whatever the term is... i will need to get better with the lingo.

I do have a few a few questions:

1. At the drive thru window or some place i need to ease forward or back wards, i get this jumpy hesitation. is that normal?

2. How do you get use to people grilling you about safety, even after you tell them the Smart car got highest score in crash tests in 2008?

3. anyone have any metallic grey panels they would like to sell or trade for yellow?

Welcome! :)

1. Make sure that the 2.0 transmission upgrade has been performed - it can help. But, to some degree, that sensation is relatively normal as the computer engages/disengages the clutch. You'll also get better at modulating the brake/gas to minimize that sensation.

2. It never really stops. I usually just say "Mercedes engineers cars for repeat buyers," refer them to safeandsmart.com, and leave it at that.

3. No metallic grey here, but it is a sharp color!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was reading about that... Sounds very fun!
btw* I think i have seen you around Raleigh/Wake Forest a few times.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok! I bought it! I can't wait for the weekend to go on a little road trip. woo hoo. Thanks for the tip on the panels.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is a photoshopped image of what im shooting for with the grey pannels and wrapping with my web-biz info. I will more than likely spice the design up a bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts