1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want to get together at Smithfield Ice Cream Shop
on Saturday, 30 May, 2015, 11 AM?
(Time and date are flexible)
A scoop of ice cream is $2.80, with tax, over 30 flavors.
Sandwiches and wraps too.
Downtown Smithfield is filled with quaint shops, and parking is free on the side streets...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Not to change the subject... but a question... or comment... Smithfield Virginia? Would be nice if the users info showed what state he was from or what Smithfield we are talking about... I normally look to see if someone is from my state.. Ohio... I think my info shows that. I do love ice cream!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
missed this

Been watching for events to go to, somehow missed this one. Did you get any bites? Plan to head that direction for patriotic fest on Saturday, may be neat side trip on the way...:D

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Elaine & I will be there, Brad G said he'd try to make it too, Need to put a flyer at Tysinger's, both showroom & shop for exposure. Elaine's last fling before hip surgery Monday, her purple smart will be laid up for a while as Elaine recuperates.

·
Registered
180 Posts
How about lunch at Captain Chuck-A-Muck's then Ice Cream? I remember years ago living in Smithfield... so nice...

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just trying to keep this simple, cheap, and easy.
Hence the time and place.
If you want to head off and go eat lunch afterwards, or eat lunch at the ice cream place, it's up to you.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
im a new smart car owner! i got it on wednesday and put close to 3000 miles on it!!
Wow! You've got some commute!:laugh: Wouldn't mind getting together today but my wife works at the Virginia Living Museum today and I'm volunteering there today so we're tied up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow! You've got some commute!:laugh: Wouldn't mind getting together today but my wife works at the Virginia Living Museum today and I'm volunteering there today so we're tied up.
Your wife works at VLM? I volunteer there - down to one day a month now as I live an hour away and work full time now... I volunteer with the keepers on the trail.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just trying to keep this simple, cheap, and easy.
Hence the time and place.
If you want to head off and go eat lunch afterwards, or eat lunch at the ice cream place, it's up to you.
Still thinking 11am? Would love to meet other Smart Owners and will make an effort to be there! I have only seen a few in my area - a red one several times (think it is the same one as see in same area), a yellow one twice - maybe 2 different ones as 2 total different locations, and 2 different blue ones. Look forward to ice cream!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Your wife works at VLM? I volunteer there - down to one day a month now as I live an hour away and work full time now... I volunteer with the keepers on the trail.
I got her started there, I've been volunteering for 18.66 years mostly on Sundays. Recently went over 5500 hours, my wife is the telephone receptionist but has hip replacement surgery Monday so will be out about 2 months. She drives a purple smart '09 and I drive a "red" smart '08. I'm qualified as interpreter for all areas except astronomy. We're there as volunteers every Sunday, she works Monday-Friday.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts