Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
17,379 Posts
I once read a funny comment on a car blog about snow in Atlanta:

"The amount of inches of snow we get will equal the number of days the city will be in total shutdown". :rofl2:

·
He's not mine
9,611 Posts
Forecast for my location on Tuesday (tomorrow) night ...
Periods of mixed winter precipitation. Low 32F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 90%. About one inch of snow and ice expected.
With a low of 32°F, this forecast doesn't sound like fun to me, just a cold mess which will rapidly melt away ... if there's any accumulation at all.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
...sooooo....did you get any????if you did...you can keep all of it...

Jetfuel....at a nice 70* ...just north of the Ecuator...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Slippery roads and jack knife

OOPS.jpg

My daughter closed down west bound 70 into Columbus the other day... Thanks to a bump from the rear. Thank goodness the truck didn't land on her. She's fine... car on the other hand... ouch..

Today my rims arrive and will put some blizzaks on them. Be careful in the snow!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Cdr.'s greater thoughts and teachings

Not me. I ain't gonna die. I'm ready to motor! They say it could hit 32 degrees tonight here in Chas. SC with a possibility of snow. I've already attached my 2 old, wooden skis to the front wheels of my smart so nothing is going to stop the Cdr.

·
17,379 Posts
-13 for me this morning. I'd complain about how well my engine isn't working, but I'd begin to sound like Larry. :eek:

Neon...MBUSA is like one of those guys who don't call...

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Everybody is going on about how bad this winter is. This was normal 30 years ago...

My kids have gone to school 5 days so far this month, and 3 of those were delay days!!!

They cancelled today because it was too cold for the kids to stand at the bus stops... I say: tell the parents to dress their kids warmer!!! We had to go to school in this kind of weather....

·
He's not mine
9,611 Posts
The last time we had any accumulation was December 1989, when we got a couple inches of the white stuff. Most people here would love to see it happen again.

But, here on the coast in the Florida Panhandle, I'm not anticipating any accumulation.

Any amount of icy conditions prompts an official state of emergency, where people are urged to stay home excepting dire emergency situations. The cities lack the equipment to clear the roads. In 1989, here all they managed was to dump some sand on the bridges and wait for rising temperatures.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts