Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This model has a vehicle dock - the receiver can't be mounted on its own:

So, the dock - with power, antenna and aux cables - needs to go somewhere easily reachable, away from airbags, controls and still avoid having cables all over the cabin. The car has the standard 2011 to present radio with the tray underneath and that looks like one option. Any other ideas? :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I mounted our receiver under the dash using the attaching hardware for the dock. It's hardwired into the power supply for the radio. The aux cable runs into the lower left corner of the glove box nice an tidy. As far as the antenna goes, the roof mount was the third and best location that I found. Tried it on the left corner of the dash inside the car and underneath the front bonnet. Both caused lots of dropped signals. Moved it to the roof and have had no issues. I used a little bit of magnetic tape to mount it.

·
Super Moderator
28,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks really neat; ideally I'd like the radio closer to the driver's line of sight. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
It can turn because of the ball and socket style mount. I put it there because if I moved it any closer in knees hitting it and airbags became an issue. I couldn't find any spot higher that worked well for me...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts