Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm brand new to this forum - so excuse me if this info has already been addressed & is hidden in a FAQ somewhere.

I have been ambivalent about reserving (& tight on funds), so did not reserve before. If I reserve today - how long will it take for me to receive (I live outside of Boston).

I am interested in a Passion Coupe with red exterior & interior - ideally the silver trim. Online - can't find out what the extra costs would be - and if it's possible to get red interior.

Any thoughts? :confused:

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I'm brand new to this forum - so excuse me if this info has already been addressed & is hidden in a FAQ somewhere.

I have been ambivalent about reserving (& tight on funds), so did not reserve before. If I reserve today - how long will it take for me to receive (I live outside of Boston).

I am interested in a Passion Coupe with red exterior & interior - ideally the silver trim. Online - can't find out what the extra costs would be - and if it's possible to get red interior.

Any thoughts? :confused:
Welcome. While those who have been waiting since March 2007 since turning over $99 to smart will get their cars in a few weeks, your's is the number one question. Too bad you didn't reserve earlier, but there is always a chance that you could land a smart before the end of the year.

First, RESERVE! You'll be able in a few months to order a car to your specifications, and then wait for delivery. It will come very late this year, or early 2009. After you reserve you MUST do step two.

Second, get to know your smart dealer. Thousands who have ordered cars will give up, and cancel their orders. That will leave dozens of unsold cars at your dealership. If you're nice, you may land one of those at MSRP. Most of the cars coming over will be passions. Red/red/silver, while not the most popular, could shock those who don't like the tomato soup color. You might find an "orphan" car there.

Pricing info can be found at smartusa.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Katekav,

If you do sign up and pay $99 please let us know what your resvervation number is . thanks
I've decided to be compassionate & not suspicious.

Just reserved & my number is: 9205611469

Red passion with black trim & red interior - outside of Boston.

Maybe I'll get it next year???!!!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Welcome to the end of the line. Now that you reserved, do step two and get very friendly with your Boston area dealer. Some people just may not like the red car and cancel. Their loss, your gain!

Steve
(at the front of the line and not canceling)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I haven't heard that ANY dealer is aloud to gouge the price. Verboten as far as I recall. MSRP is the deal.

But you still have to be nice to land an orphan. Dealers will not sell to crabby people! These cars are in high demand, price is fixed, so dealers will be picky on who they sell one to.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for your speedy reply.

Why would you want to know my reservation number??
Katekav, i just wanted to see if the reservation code breakers are correct, and they are. last four digits on my # is 1425 and i got it on Nov 27 add a digit for each day up to today Jan 9 and you get 1469 your number. First 6 digits backwards is the time , in military time that you got your email. that is cool.

·
Registered
327 Posts
We reserved on 6-21-08 and was told it would be an 18 month wait. :-(
Shelly
Well welcome anyway and pull up the barcalounger and put up your feet. Just keep in touch with your dealer. BTW, where are you guys at in Ohio? My wife is now debating about putting in a reservation for a cab.... On another note, come on over to the Ohio region thread. And we have a meet scheduled for Saturday, July 12th in Columbus. Come meet with us and maybe someone there can answer any questions you might have.
Russ

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
unfortunately for you, the cancellation rate in boston-area is not very high compared to other locations. it may be a long wait either way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts