Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
How did the second spring and shock replacement go? How did the ride height end up? How is driving feel with new install?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Also noticed the front bottom plastic panel (under the car) is missing... and the plastic parts over the rear shocks (on the bottom) are also missing.. i am wondering if perhaps someone put lowering springs on at one point. The front looks to be raised more the 3 inches...Which I don't have a problem with.

wasn't able to get back to the rear suspension this weekend. I may need to find a more solid surface to work on as the back will need lots of raising and lowering to remove the shocks and springs. Grass won't cut it. The jack just sinks with all the rain we have had (and are still getting)
Did you replace the Bottom panel? I have not had the front under tray on my Smart in the three years that I have had it. My rear under tray has a crack and missing one fastening clip. I vowed not to put the front panel on, but after recent front end work I can now see how that front under tray panel is part of the front clip stability structure, so now I intend to install new Front and Rear
under tray pieces.

What Springs did you go with? I am interested in your increase in wheel well Height. My current tire sizing, with stock original 2014 springs, is close to maxed out up front. When sitting still with passenger seated I am very close to a rub. Next intended tire set up may need more room. A strut change is being worked out but will take time to get it right (Looking for a compatible double adjustable front strut and spring combo to get done over the winter) My mind wants new stock springs with the double adjustable strut up front mainly to dial in the rebound. Another shop is more set on having rear double adjustable shocks to control the front end more like a drag car dials in the rear to control launch. But at least two shops are taking my little Smart desires seriously I Just gotta keep my "spare no expense" poker face.

I would like to hear results from anyone who installed the thread mentioned "Tesla Springs"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts