Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Playing around with some of my recent photos, I decided to see what I thought of some different colored Smarts.

What colors are you all in to?

·
Registered
10 Posts
MY color palette

I would buy one of these. I have a white/silver cabrio on reserve (hopefully) because the color options were SO american. The reason I love the EU Smarts of years past is partially for the color options. Of the colors I posted, my ranked choices:
1) opalescent light orange
2) turquoise blue
3) lime
4) opalescent light pink

Though, I am not sure my husband would like driving the pink...he would if he wanted to drive it. What does everybody think?

·
Registered
10 Posts
All girly colors. If I was selling Mary Kay......
Exactly. Tonka Yellow, and Superman Red and Blue are not necessarily considered "girl-friendly". I was hoping to post some colors that were. When you give people a wide range of color choice, it appeals to a larger customer base. I would buy any of the colors posted over the colors we have been given as the US available colors. But, I guess that's why I am getting white -- I may get it painted.

For me, the Smart is suppose to stand out, not blend in. But we all have different reasons for liking the Smart.

My husband will drive whatever color I choose to get...it's my car, not his. lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Exactly. Tonka Yellow, and Superman Red and Blue are not necessarily considered "girl-friendly". I was hoping to post some colors that were. When you give people a wide range of color choice, it appeals to a larger customer base. I would buy any of the colors posted over the colors we have been given as the US available colors. But, I guess that's why I am getting white -- I may get it painted.

For me, the Smart is suppose to stand out, not blend in. But we all have different reasons for liking the Smart.

My husband will drive whatever color I choose to get...it's my car, not his. lol
Do you think your husband will be stealing this on the weekends or is it all yours?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh yes

Most definitely. He is not quite, but almost as excited as I am about our future Smart. We drive my car everywhere currently, because he has a motorcycle and a work truck. My car is the "family" car. (our 2 person family)

Even still, if I got a fluorescent pink or purple car -- which I wouldn't -- he wouldn't in the least bit care. He would drive it, no worries or complaints...tho he might give it a pretty derogatory girlie name. :)

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the purple pansy? HAHA but I can imagine that the smart cars might have some girly names!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wanna see.....

Lime green, avocado green, mango orange, butter lemon, hot pink, baby blue, electric blue and violet. And as far an interiors go I really want to see a tan leather added to the options...I think the patterned cloth seats are really, really bad!

My boyfriend drives a Mini Cooper S and is totally into all the fun, wacky things that people do to those cars so he "gets" it that I may want a crazy color and, um, YES, he would drive it regardless!

·
Registered
309 Posts
The gunmetal steel gray with the black tridion looks great.

Any way to put a silver tridion on the gunmetal gray smart, to see how that looks?

The gunmetal steel gray omission as a 2008 fortwo color choice was a mistake.

Gunmetal steel gray would be a great extra exterior color 2008 panel choice, if offered. Come on smart, offer it, soon, asap!

2 decades ago, a guy was winning a lot of car shows with a corvette painted in the color 'butterscotch'. That would likely look good on a 2008 smart, too.

I'm not so hot on purple, but, a lady in the auto business that knows paints well, said her all time favorite was a color that came out in the late 60's or 70's or so, called 'crazy purple'. I don't think I have seen it, but it seemed by far her favorite.

·
Registered
59 Posts
love the old colors that are making their way back - like the charger colors even some of the vw beetle colors. Maybe Pather Pink?!

·
Registered
280 Posts
For sure ours will end up Orange . . . . with flames. Either a simple re-paint or a dress-up with custom after market body panels. Wheeee. . .

tm

1 - 20 of 152 Posts