Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as far as tridon color, body color, Modifications if any and well thats it.:D

mine would be an porsche 911 GT3RS neon orange with black tridon, black team dynamics wheels in black 17 inch,(rs-parts.com look it up its pretty cool and its not hard to understand german just use random clicking!) b.i.g. performance big turbocharger (bigperformance.co.uk) bilstein PSS coilovers with eibach springs (smartsrus.co.uk) janspeed TIK pipe and intercooler pipes and rear disc brake conversion with yokohamas RSA discs up front and tarox 6 pot brakes

now i know this is silly for most of you so dont call me an idiot please and well...whatever

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Here's mine, the alloys are standard on the roadster, just had them powdercoated black last year as the fronts were starting to look grubby, and the boot spoiler is from Lester, an Italian body kit company.
The horse decal is from www.autobodyart.com, in America.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
That front spoiler looks great and i would like one, but Sheffield is the speed bump capitol of Britain and it would'nt last to the end of the road before it was ripped off.
That is why I can't lower the car either, it just get over some of the bigger ones now. :(

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well if i can sucessfuly get it into the u.s. for race use at least then i will lower it. thing is that i need to ask my uncle why he still has his truck registered in mexico so i can do the same thing on the roadster...

·
17,384 Posts
Mine would look like:

Stock red with stock silver tridion cell.

Stock rims.

Badges ON.

Stock interior (including radio).

Stock engine parts and powertrain.

Why you may ask? Well to the people above who live in other countries (Headless' car is my fav.) the car might be easily found like domestic motors on this side of the pond.

To us the roadster is a rare vehicle and to me, modifying such vehicle diminishes its rare value and quality. I'd take a stock roadster over a hayabusa anyday! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes it is mine, glad you like it. The photos were from last weekend, 1st time out, bit of a shakedown run. Finished working on it on the Sunday, ran it on the Monday.

I've nick named it "OffRoadster". '03 roadster running on a Suzuki Jimny chassis with Vitara(Escudo) 1.6 EFI motor with auto trans, 3in. suspension lift, 235/75R15 boggers. All my own work with help from a buddy of mine.
I'll post some pictures in the gallery once I've painted it this weekend.....

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
Saaaaaayyyy... If I got a Roadster body shipped from overseas, and put it on say, an 1986 GMC Jimmy (s15 chassis, wouldn't that make it a 1986 GMC and use the GMC title??? I'd have my ROADSTER!!!

Unless the title had to follow the body VIn....

·
17,384 Posts
Saaaaaayyyy... If I got a Roadster body shipped from overseas, and put it on say, an 1986 GMC Jimmy (s15 chassis, wouldn't that make it a 1986 GMC and use the GMC title??? I'd have my ROADSTER!!!

Unless the title had to follow the body VIn....
Just register it as a kit car....:)

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
"The production, sale and importation of automotive bodies alone (i.e., no chassis, engine or transmission) are not regulated by EPA since such units are not considered "motor vehicles" under the Clean Air Act. EPA form 3520-1 is not required for imported automotive bodies. A motor vehicle from which the engine has been removed is still a motor vehicle and is not considered a body."

From the EPA site; this means that removing the motor, shipping it into the USA and reassembling it would not make it a Kit Car and it would still be a motorized vehicle, therefore still needs to go through the channels.

Kit Car Policy | Importing Vehicles and Engines | US EPA

However just the body might work out....

1 - 20 of 49 Posts