Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Passion has a miss. My husband thinks it is an ignition coil. Where can I find an ignition coil for sale?

Dee

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. We replaced all three plugs with the recommended Bosch. The engine light went off, but came back on and the computer still says ignition miss.

That's why I'm looking for coils, but the local stores don't carry them.

Dee

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Thanks for the reply. We replaced all three plugs with the recommended Bosch. The engine light went off, but came back on and the computer still says ignition miss.

Dee
Sounds like your going to have to get them from the dealership.

·
Registered
9,032 Posts
...did you do anything out of the ordinary before the "miss" started?...like washing the engine?...or heavy rain driving?

.. jetfuel...BTDTFT

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Just curious as to how many miles you have and since the engine light was on did you get the code read and what was the code? (or do you have a Scangauge or equal code reader?).

·
Registered
9,032 Posts
...took me a while to de-code the secret message on your statement WD...and then it hit me like...well...heavy rain...

jetfuel....where's that decoding ring at?

·
Registered
673 Posts

Dee
Since this was posted in the 450 section, I'll assume the original poster (deebarrett) has a 450 (pre-2008 model).

deebarrett, if you replaced 3 spark plugs, you've only replaced HALF of the total number of spark plugs. 450s have 6 spark plugs.

If you need the ignition coils, the only place I have found that has them for a reasonable amount is Smart Parts Direct Limited 450 Ignition

On that page you have two options: an ignition coil or an ignition coil with the spark plug leads.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok..this sounds stupid but how do I know if I have 3 or 6 spark plugs?...I have a 2014 passion and was told the coils went bad.Is there any video on how to replace them myself?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Ok..this sounds stupid but how do I know if I have 3 or 6 spark plugs?...I have a 2014 passion and was told the coils went bad.Is there any video on how to replace them myself?
Did you once own a Nissan? Eg 2 plugs per cylinder.... smart only has 1 plug per so just the 3.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts