Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably the only person that dumped a Tesla Model 3 reservation for a smart ED, but the whole tax credit uncertainty plus my fond memories of my old gas smart have won me over.

Behold, the rare midwestern 2017 smart ED!

Prime coup with heated seats.

-smart connect app is actually pretty neat. I like how my car's voice button will utilize Google Assistant if I have the phone in the cradle.
-Range surprisingly seems better than my Leaf with my mostly <50 mph commute and short highway jaunt at 40 F temperatures.
-Artificial noises are much better than the Leaf fortunately.
-Pulling 0.55 g's on a turn according to the smart connect app.
-Pretty low lease cost considering the trim level and features compared to my Leaf of similar MSRP.
-Dat turning circle.
-Nighttime visibility = <3, especially with the turning lights.
-Heated seats are significantly better than my Leaf.
-Huge improvement both due to the drivetrain and due to the new generation itself compared to my 2013 gas smart.

Dislikes:
-Bluetooth audio doesn't seem to remember settings--no shuffle enabled by default on my Android. Not a big deal if I have the phone in the cradle, but it stinks every other time. Is there a fix for this?
-It sounds like a running sink almost while charging, which I assume is the battery cooling system. Is that normal?
-I can't seem to find a way to delay until "last minute" charging with the departure time, as activating both smart and instant charging seems to start it instantly either way. Also I can't seem to find a way to delay charging (assuming the above is supposed to work) without also doing pre-conditioning. Can I set my fan temp to minimum to avoid that in winter time? (I only use heat with very low outdoor temps so pre-conditioning is moot most days). I can use my EVSE's delay functions but that's less convenient.
-Wish it had push-start and proximity unlock, but I knew what I was getting into there.
-Auto-wipers seemed to run continuously today without rain in some cases. (Windshield had condensation or moisture on it). However it did work perfectly during actual rain.
-No memory setting for heated seat position. Combined with the crappy positioning, this isn't as fun.
-No auto-lock on drive away. (Is there a way to change this without the upgraded infotainment screen?)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Congrats

Im Back too, but still have my model S

Cant give that up for long commutes

Electric is awesome

Those small issues will work themselves out over time

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
I'm probably the only person that dumped a Tesla Model 3 reservation for a smart ED, but the whole tax credit uncertainty plus my fond memories of my old gas smart have won me over.

Behold, the rare midwestern 2017 smart ED!

Prime coup with heated seats.

-smart connect app is actually pretty neat. I like how my car's voice button will utilize Google Assistant if I have the phone in the cradle.
-Range surprisingly seems better than my Leaf with my mostly <50 mph commute and short highway jaunt at 40 F temperatures.
-Artificial noises are much better than the Leaf fortunately.
-Pulling 0.55 g's on a turn according to the smart connect app.
-Pretty low lease cost considering the trim level and features compared to my Leaf of similar MSRP.
-Dat turning circle.
-Nighttime visibility = <3, especially with the turning lights.
-Heated seats are significantly better than my Leaf.
-Huge improvement both due to the drivetrain and due to the new generation itself compared to my 2013 gas smart.

Dislikes:
-Bluetooth audio doesn't seem to remember settings--no shuffle enabled by default on my Android. Not a big deal if I have the phone in the cradle, but it stinks every other time. Is there a fix for this?
-It sounds like a running sink almost while charging, which I assume is the battery cooling system. Is that normal?
-I can't seem to find a way to delay until "last minute" charging with the departure time, as activating both smart and instant charging seems to start it instantly either way. Also I can't seem to find a way to delay charging (assuming the above is supposed to work) without also doing pre-conditioning. Can I set my fan temp to minimum to avoid that in winter time? (I only use heat with very low outdoor temps so pre-conditioning is moot most days). I can use my EVSE's delay functions but that's less convenient.
-Wish it had push-start and proximity unlock, but I knew what I was getting into there.
-Auto-wipers seemed to run continuously today without rain in some cases. (Windshield had condensation or moisture on it). However it did work perfectly during actual rain.
-No memory setting for heated seat position. Combined with the crappy positioning, this isn't as fun.
-No auto-lock on drive away. (Is there a way to change this without the upgraded infotainment screen?)
Congrats on your new smart ED. To activate the auto-lock when driving away, push and hold the 'Lock' button on top of your dash for roughly 5 seconds until you hear a tone. You have to do it while you are sitting in the car with the ignition switched on and the vehicle "running" (while stationary).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts