Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm getting the same thing everytime I come to the site. Not sure what to do. I have done the check certificate and it says "plesk".

What do I need to do to delete this?

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
With Mozilla Firefox, I get the “plesk” thing. With MSIE I just get a small 1/4" warning across the top: “(?) To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors. Click here for options…,” which I can completely ignore and go on as usual. Don’t know what the difference is, but I guess the administrator can sort it out when he returns and gets back online.

·
Registered
517 Posts
The difference is IE7 took anything that wasn't on Microsoft's list of "approved" certificates (including self-signed) and put a great big warning on it, rather than actually explaining why it doesn't trust it.

It's a big annoyance, since most of the people I work with don't need, let alone want, to shell out money to get an "approved" certificate, but keep getting calls of people in a panic, thinking their site's been hacked because they're using this piece of crap from Microsoft.

Opps, sorry. Is my bias showing? ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm getting the same thing every time I log on to the site. Very annoying. I'm using Windows xp with Firefox......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts