Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. When I bring my car to a sudden stop or go over a significant bump, The oil pan light and check engine light go off and my car dies. Also happens at stoplights, and when I start my car for the 1st time in the day
2.The car gives me the 3bars of death and I have to shift back to neutral so the car re-engages and doesn't die.
3. Whenever I accelerate to quickly, my clutch makes my transmission skip very hard. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it does not.

·
Registered
464 Posts
If it were my car, I would look at the oil pressure sensor plug and wiring. It's somewhat exposed and the few I have looked at were all cracked, frayed, or otherwise not in the best shape.
It's easy enough to find, look for the oil filter and it will be there on the base.

It could be that the clutch actuator needs adjusting, possibly the shift motors need cleaning; guesswork at this point.

Have you put a scanner on it? If so, any codes?

All this assumes the 450 is much like the 451. I don't have any experience with the 450, you might get better results at clubsmartcar.com as there are more 450 owners there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts