Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new on this, i have a 2008 smart car passion for 2.. So for i love it i use it as a commuter to work. I was very suprised with how the traction control works especially in the watery roads on the freeways.. Anyone know of any good HID places in seattle/tacoma area

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Welcome from Olympia! Traction control & ESP have saved my butt more than once on I-5 and the roads around WA state. :) Still lovin' mine after 5 years & 60k miles. Smart Madness (one of the vendors here on SCOA) has HIDs that were made specifically for our cars. They're more expensive than the cheap sets that you get elsewhere, but they're supposed to be worth the money, and they're plug-n-play friendly. :) I've been thinking (again!) about making the plunge myself. As you know, this time of year brings lots of drizzle, rain, and fog to our neck of the woods. :) BTW...... have you lived in Puyallup long enough to be able to properly pronounce it yet? :) I work with two guys that have been here awhile and they STILL can't get it right!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Welcome from someone across the Sound (Port Orchard). I've lived here since 1987 and I'm still amazed at the pronunciation of some place names. Puyallup (PEW Al UP) is one of them. Then you've got Sequim ... get that one you out-of-staters. On second thought, don't get it. Unpronounceable place names; 1,000 inches annual rainfall (and that's in the dry part of the sate); Sasquatch; political schizophrenia (West side Liberals vs. East side Conservatives); way too may Californians (hope my kids don't see this) ... the list goes on.

We're not as weird as Oregonians but they seem to celebrate their weirdness. Here we try to cover it up or compensate for it.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Welcome to the group! Can't help you with HID, but I imagine smarts are still a pretty rare sight in Puyallup.

I grew up in Puyallup, a long time ago... a teen-age advocate of micro-cars. going up the hills to get out of the valley was a real struggle for my 25hp Subaru 360.

Auto dealerships were a major industry in Puyallup back then, not sure how much now. I remember when Toyota was trying to get a foothold in the US, the local dealers used the confusion about the pronunciation of the town name to drive home the pronunciation of the brand name with their "Toyota of Puyallup" ads mispronouncing both Toyota (Tie-o-tee) and Puyallup (poo-ee-ya-loop).

·
Registered
787 Posts
Why do they call it Skim?

Greetings from Diamond Point. East of Blyn (figure it out :hat:). Yes Dan, I'm here for the winter again.

(if the rainy season doesn't arrive soon, we might have rain until mid-June)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, yeah I'm still finding out new things with it. Yes I can pronounce puyallup correctly lol. Does anyone know where I can take it other then mercedez? I'm hoping in seattle/tacoma area. I took it there for a 30k service took them less than 50min and they charged me $417. I think smart cars are getting more popular as people educate themselves about the safety on them, Does anyone know if stop tech performance brakes would be a good front brake upgrade, I was all looking to get rid of the wobbly feeling it has..

·
Registered
787 Posts
I go to Kuni Auto Center | Used Cars for Sale, Auto Service, and Collision Repair in Beaverton, OR. Kuni had the original smart Center Portland franchisee under Penske, before Mercedes clawed back the franchises and gave them to Mercedes dearlerships. Mercedes of Portland is the current smart center Portland.

In January 2013 I had Kuni perform the 30k checkup on my 2009 smart. I replaced the cabin air filter myself, with this one, and Kuni removed changing it from the work order. I provided my own iridium spark plugs that I bought from Smart Madness. The out-the-door cost (not including the filter and plugs) was $150.00 USD

http://smartmadness.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=202&product_id=824

1 - 11 of 11 Posts