Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you all!

After days of research and careful budgeting, I got myself a Smart EV!!!! I'm so excited.

I want to thank Kamaal Peterson, Brand Manager, at West Covina, CA Penske Smart Center for the easy breezy process! He was very knowledgeable about the car and funny... a really laid back guy.

I can honestly say that I went in there with a budget and price and Kamaal was able to match it almost exactly. He even did the forms for my rebate!! :D

All of my DMV paperwork was done (I just had to sign some things) and my car has its HOV stickers on it already :eek:..... can you say instant gratification??? I can lol... I laugh @ you 91 frwy :cool:

Aaaahhhh I'm so happy!!

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Hello to you all!

I want to thank Kamaal Peterson, Brand Manager, at West Covina, CA Penske Smart Center for the easy breezy process! He was very knowledgeable about the car and funny... a really laid back guy.

I can honestly say that I went in there with a budget and price and Kamaal was able to match it almost exactly. He even did the forms for my rebate!! :D
He commented on your first post, Mister smart LA. Congratulations and welcome!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hello to you all!

After days of research and careful budgeting, I got myself a Smart EV!!!! I'm so excited.

All of my DMV paperwork was done (I just had to sign some things) and my car has its HOV stickers on it already :eek:..... can you say instant gratification??? I can lol... I laugh @ you 91 frwy :cool:

Aaaahhhh I'm so happy!!
Congratulations! Enjoy the car.
You are one less polluting car in California.:wink:
Welcome to the forum:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL yah I'm taking pictures today... I was super exhausted yesterday. I tried to take some this morning but they came out too dark.

When I saw those HOV stickers I almost cried... anyone who lives in Los Angeles County knows the dreaded 405, 605, 105, and 91 freeways. :(

I'm going to be posting lots of pics later today! ---- I want to add that I think that dealers have no excuse when it comes to getting those HOV stickers. When I was at the dealership I saw multiple Smarts with the stickers already on them. Somehow in my crazy cloud-9 head, I thought they were for show...LOL... I also think that they should prepare the rebate paperwork for you too like mine did. I truly felt like I walked in and walked out with a complete package.... Kudos to Kamaal for that!

Cher

Congrats

I love my car and have 4000 problem free miles

the fact you have HOV stickers already ...priceless

but you have committed a sin on this Forum

Post some Picts
and Picts of Your HOV stickers to show others whose dealers cant figure out how to do this correctly

·
Registered
295 Posts
Congrats! I live in So. Cal and I hate all the freeways, but they are more fun in a Smart for some weird reason...maybe because I love driving my car!

Merry Merry to all!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pictures --- HOV Stickers

And here they are folks... I had a blast driving and thought I'd stop to take some pictures..... LOL!!! People were definitely staring curiously as my car became a super model! :D

·
Registered
515 Posts
nice pictures...

so its black with a red trident shell.....

First one I have seen with this color set up...

Congrats and I hope to see more pictures....

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Thanks for posting the picture, CherDeed! I'm glad you like the car and unfortunately the light in the "C" wasn't working because it's messing up your picture!!

·
17,372 Posts
Welcome to the Asylum! Love the red tridion cell! Definitely a "smart" choice for smart to actually put that colour into production. :D

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
What are the small decals on the rear of the rocker panels and the right rear bumper?
Those are California HOV/Carpool lane stickers, permits, that permit driving in the exclusive-for-two-or-more-passengers (unless you have a zero-emissions vehicle, or some plug in electric hybrid vehicles) specially marked lanes on the freeways that are typically jammed with traffic in the other lanes.

·
17,372 Posts
Did they have to be placed on the panels like that? Or could they have been placed like on the windows?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts