Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as soon as I get mine I plan on getting a custom wrap. I wont lie that I am a little tired of waiting and might break down and buy a grey market version especially if it doesn't sound like I will get mine first thing in 2008.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wonder if the smart car wraps will be as succesful in the states as they are in Europe... I read somewhere that 30% of smart cars in england have graphics/wraps

·
Registered
10 Posts
smartcar-
I am no expert, but I did work for a company that was starting to do custom wraps. I bet that wraps will be somewhat popular (as the car itself becomes popular) due to the relatively low cost and high gas mileage that they get. It will be economical for businesses to purchase smart fortwo (and hopefully forfour soon) for deliveries and name recognition -- which most wrap customers are these businesses . Plus, it is a car that gets attention.
Our town has many wrapped hybrids representing businesses across the board -- lets hope that the Smarts DO become wrap popular, in-turn selling more Smarts, and allowing the company to expand in the US.
Because frankly, those of us wanting to start families (or already have) need more than just a 2-seater...eventually. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's funny but I have heard from a lot of people that they are interested in the forfour model although I never even seen a picture of it on the road... I thinnk its just a myth ;)

·
17,370 Posts
I'm getting a chrome wrap for my future car. It'll benefit in these ways:

1. Get that chrome look without painting the trid...
2. Can be removed without damaging paint surface...
3. Protects paint from the elements and from attack...
4. Can be removed easily in case I change my mind about a design...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts