Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am new to the forum but I would appreciate any advice on how to investigate and resolve an immobilization problem with my 2005 Roadster.
The independent Smart garage in Cork can synchronise the key to the car but within 25 minutes of switching off the engine, the key desynchronizes. They don’t know why this happens. Central locking is not working and shows up as a fault in a scan.
The garage says that the central locking fault may be a wiring problem or a SAM problem. They want to spend about four hours (@ £65/Hour) stripping down the doors etc to check for broken or loose central locking wiring. If wiring is not the problem, they suggest that I go to the authorised Smart garage in Belfast to have the SAM unit checked or replaced.
Do you think that the central locking fault is independent of the immobiliser problem or is it a separate problem?
Any advice will be appreciated on whether I take the above approach, as I don’t want to end up scrapping my roadster which I love driving.

·
Super Moderator
29,026 Posts
Welcome to SCoA! Technically the roadster's not a 450 but close enough for us, as both were never sold in the US by Mercedes. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts