Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ready to upgrade the handling of your 451 model smart?

The MADNESS Lowering Springs were developed as a joint effort with our European Partners that produce some of the best performance spring in the world for your 451 model smart.

We designed the springs to be progressive rate for the best combination of ride and handling.

For the full details on the MADNESS Lowering Springs for your smart 451 please visit the link below:
smart fortwo Lowering Spring Set - 451 model - MADNESS - SMART MADNESS - Auto Parts and Accessories

·
Vendor
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Vendor
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We designed the springs to be progressive rate for the best combination of ride and handling. What are progressive rate springs?

Progressive rate springs feature individual coils that are spaced differently and have a spring rate that is variable. Under normal driving conditions the first couple of centimeters compress easily, but as you apply more force (as in high speed cornering) the coils come closer.

Apply more forces to a progressive spring then it becomes stiffer because as the number of active coils in a spring decreases, the spring rate increases. So, progressive springs may both be sensitive to very small bumps on the road, while giving the stiffness you need during hard braking and turning.

For more information on our MADNESS Performance Springs for your smart 451 please visit the link below:
smart fortwo Lowering Spring Set - 451 model - MADNESS

·
Vendor
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Improve handling and give your smart 451 a more aggressive stance with these Lowering Springs by MADNESS!

We confidently say that we have installed more suspension upgrades for the smart then any other company in North America. Rather then compromise and settle with the limited selection of what was available we decided to design and produce our own MADNESS Lowering Springs. The springs were designed to not only lower then car, but improve the handling of the vehicle while not drastically altering the ride quality.

To view the full details on these MADNESS Performance Springs for your smart 451 please visit the link below:
smart fortwo Lowering Spring Set - 451 model - MADNESS

·
Super Moderator
29,214 Posts
At one point Madness was looking into a springs/shocks kit for the 451. Whatever happened to that? :)

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,677 Posts
I wonder how these would compare to the standard Brabus edition springs?
On my 2009 Brabus coupe, I have 17" Brabus wheels on all four corners. My car has about the same fender clearance at the blue car in the Madness post. The Brabus springs lower the car 10mm or about 3/8 of an inch from a stock Passion/Pure.

·
Vendor
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wonder how these would compare to the standard Brabus edition springs?
Hello Laughing Crow,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The Brabus springs are a great upgrade for the smart.

We have found that our MADNESS Springs have a thicker coil which helps to make the handling a little better.

They also provide a slightly lower drop, Approximately 0.7 inch in the front and 1.3 inch in the rear.

If there is anything else we can do to help, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly and one of our Team Members will be happy to help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts