Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have decided that my little old mac-book pro is in need of a severe upgrade. I know this may sound goofy to others but it is honestly maxed out and is starting to leave burn marks on my desk.

Is anyone else out there a first generation MacBook Pro user. I would really like to bump up to a duo-core but don't know if its really in the budget right now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No MacBook Pro has never been sold without a dual core processor. The newer models have a Core 2 Duo instead of a Core Duo but really, you won't see much of a performance boost from these.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I just got the new MacBook Pro with 17" screen. I LOVE it. It's my personal computer and our company's main business computer. This time we were able to purchase it, but we financed my last MacBook through Apple and payed it off at something like $100/month.

·
Registered
517 Posts
No laptops, but a long time Mac user. My first was a LC, then I went to a LC II, Performa (don't remember the model number), a beige G3 tower, G4 (dual processor), and now a Mac Pro.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Love, love, love my new imac! y little macbook is still great, too, but eventually I'll get a macbook pro (when I find a benfactor).

·
Registered
522 Posts
Ditto

I just got the new MacBook Pro with 17" screen. I LOVE it. It's my personal computer and our company's main business computer. This time we were able to purchase it, but we financed my last MacBook through Apple and payed it off at something like $100/month.
Old 17" powerbook G4 lost it's screen, so replaced with MacB Pro. It's great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts