Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading about the problem in replacing wiper blades. a trick i learned when i was a honda service manager eons ago was to wipe the blades with a damp cloth of carb or brake cleaner until you get most of the oxidized rubber off. at this point slide your finger up and down the blade and notice how much softer and pliable the rubber is. then dress the blade once or twice with a rubber conditioner like armor-all etc allowing it to absorb/dry between applications. i can usually get wipers to last a year or so.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I'm going to try to figure out if Ford/Motorcraft blades fit. My wife's '13 C-MAX is still on the original blades as far as I know, and still running smooth...

Then there was a link somewhere here about Champion blades on eBay for extremely cheap....

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
My 2012 smart still has its original blades. Never conditioned them or anything. The driver's side is only now beginning to fall apart...though that's because I stupidly pulled up on it before checking to see it was frozen to the windscreen (it was).

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
My 2012 smart still has its original blades. Never conditioned them or anything. The driver's side is only now beginning to fall apart...though that's because I stupidly pulled up on it before checking to see it was frozen to the windscreen (it was).

That's a long time! I got mine early Nov 2012, and have had to change them already. My wife got her car about 8 months later so I guess I'll see when they start to go bad...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts